Instagram selfies make up one of the most popular content types. After all, it seems easy enough to take one, and they feature people, which helps your engagement to thrive.
That said, taking the perfect selfie can end up being quite a challenge! Things such as the right angle, lighting, editing, and then selfie captions for your photo make it a lot more complicated than it may seem at first.
If you’re looking to take the best selfie and caption it to perfection, you’re in the right place. We’ve got the ultimate guide on captioning your selfies for Instagram, as well as some tips to help you take the best shot!
Let’s get started.
Tips for Taking Instagram Selfies
Before we explore all of your Instagram selfie caption ideas, we’re going to give you 6 must-know tips for taking the perfect Instagram selfie. Then, you can find the category that your selfie relates to and get captioning.
There are a few different ways that you can shoot a selfie:
- Use the front-facing camera and hold your arm out / use a selfie stick
- Take a picture in the mirror
- Use a self-timer or a tripod
- Ask someone to take it for you
You can get creative with the way you take your selfies— you don’t need someone else. After all, have you ever been on a solo trip and wanted a picture? You can use anything around you plus your self timer to get your incredible shot!
Experiment with that, and also implement the following 6 tips for best results.
Test for Flattering Angles
The angle of your selfie is going to be the key to taking a good one, and it’s probably one of the most important tips for taking Instagram selfies in general.
You can completely change the perspective and the energy of the shot by how you angle the camera. Perhaps the most common way to take a selfie is to position your camera at a slightly higher angle above your eye level.
The camera should be facing downward towards your face and can even be getting you from a side angle. If you go too high with your angle, you could create a lot of drama or sharpness in your image, so take a few and get to know what works.
You can also shoot selfies from below, but this is typically a less flattering angle and may not give you the results you want.
Most people think of selfies as photos of mainly a person’s face, but you can take cool solo shots and still consider them to be “selfies.” After all, no one else is featured and solo shots are very popular Instagram content types!
Feature a Clean Background
When you take a selfie, if it’s very up-close-and-personal, you may not even see much of a background, which is okay. Still, consider the composition and what people can see around you when you are shooting your selfie.
You may even want the background to have an impact on your shot, which means that it should take a more prominent position in your photo. You can make those decisions as you decide on the composition of your photo.
Is there something in the background you’re going to comment on in the caption? Is it fun or interesting to feature what’s going on behind you?
And sometimes, for instance, if you take a mirror selfie, everything around you will be seen. That means you should create a clean and pleasing environment that doesn’t distract from your selfie in a negative way.
If the background isn’t of much importance, you should try to get as little of it in the shot as possible and focus on yourself!
Find Good Lighting
Lighting is vital in photography not just for selfies, but for pretty much any shot you take. It can make your face look just as you wish, or it can completely distort things and give you an unwanted vibe.
Taking a selfie using natural light is a go-to option if you want a great shot. Make sure that your angles help the light to illuminate your face. Sometimes natural light can be too strong, though, so taking your photos earlier in the day or in the evening will get you better shots.
In addition, you can make good use of light sources inside, including your regular house lights or special photography lights, including a ring light. These have become increasingly popular for taking some great selfies.
Whatever you do, mix up your use of light and use them to accentuate your features, not cast shadows that create blemishes or skew your features. Take some different test shots and see which ones produce the quality you’re looking for!
It is a rarity to get the perfect selfie without having to make any edits at all, and many of the selfies you see on Instagram have been through the ringer when it comes to editing apps and filters.
While you can join the masses and edit your photos beyond recognition, it’s much better to use natural methods that help your photos to look more pleasing, but still natural. You don’t want to get a bad reputation for using too much photoshop or face altering tools to get your shot.
You can use a tool such as Adobe Lightroom to help you adjust your photos, or even something like Instasize. There are many different photo editing tools for Instagram to help you achieve the perfect shot.
Instagram also offers their own filters that you can use on your images, so take advantage of the tools available to you and keep it consistent so that when you post your selfies, they give your profile page a cohesive look that is on brand.
Experiment with Your Camera Settings
It’s likely you’re using your cell phone to take your selfies, so we’re going to give you some different tips on how to use your camera settings for better selfies. If you’re using a DSLR or other type of camera, you can still play around with the same type of settings as well.
There are different functions on your phone’s camera that can help you to take interesting selfies, such as Burst Mode, which will take several photos in a series. This can be posted to Instagram as a carousel post for motion and movement in your selfies.
You can also use the portrait mode on your phone to take even more professional-looking selfies. Typically, this setting requires you to be further away from the lens, so you may need to hold your arm back a bit further or prop your phone up to help you.
Other features like cropping, camera grid, manual exposure adjustment, AE/AF lock, and different lens attachments can take your selfie game to the next level.
Depending on the type of phone you have, you will have different features available to you. Newer models of iPhone and Android phones will have more powerful features to play around with, but even older smartphones have some serious potential for taking a winning selfie.
Tell a Story
Last but not least, your selfie should tell a story if you want to have an impact on your followers. Instagram is full of self-serving, vapid selfies that don’t have much depth to them. You can still be incredibly attractive and tell a story that goes beyond.
When you give your selfies good lighting, shadows, color, and personality, you can make more of an impression on your followers and viewers. After all, do you really want your Instagram feed full of virtually the same photo of your face?
Find ways to infuse creativity into your shot and go beyond the normal selfie if you want to set yourself apart.
Another thing that can help you to take fun selfies is to have an intention with the photo and be clear about what message you want this photo to convey. This happens through the composition of your selfie as well as through the caption.
Ready to get some ideas for the best Instagram captions for selfies? Let’s get to it!
Instagram Caption Ideas for Selfies
Now that we have some ideas on how to capture the best Instagram-worthy selfie, let’s take a look at how to caption them like a pro. Remember, the words you add to your Instagram photos matter!
Yes, a photo is worth a thousand words, but when you add on the right text to go with it, you’ve got an even more impactful post.
The following caption suggestions can be edited, expanded, or cut to fit your exact needs. Being authentic and making your captions your own is highly advisable. It’s really important for your brand voice to shine through.
Not only that, you can add on emojis to give an extra bit of emotion, or even incorporate hashtags within your caption to get increased visibility in hashtag feeds.
One final tip: always include a call to action in your captions. Ask your followers for their opinions, to double-tap, or tell you if they agree or disagree. This can help you to drive engagement and create the most valuable captions for Instagram selfies.
Let’s take a look at 30 different selfie caption categories!
Cute Instagram Selfie Captions
If you’re looking for ideas for cute Instagram selfie captions, this can get you started. This is a great chance to add positivity to your feed and give a sweet dose of your personality to add to your selfie.
- Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
- Life is like photography. We all develop from the negatives.
- Find the magic in each moment.
- Keep your head, heels and standards high.
- The sun is up, the sky is blue, the day is beautiful and so are you!
- I took 37 of this pic before I finally got it right.
- Laughing under the clouds.
- Be yourself… after all, who else would you be?
- Looking for a sign? Here it is.
- The best of me is yet to come.
- Believe in the changes you’ve already made.
- Self-love is the best love.
- Stress less and enjoy the best.
Unique Selfie Captions for Instagram
If you want to add a bit of your own personal touch and stand out from the selfie crowd, you can consider using some of these ideas for unique selfie captions on your photos. Don’t forget your emojis and calls to action!
- I just leveled up.
- Smiles, high fives and good vibes
- Life doesn’t get easier, you just get stronger.
- Selfie love!
- Servin’ looks, not tea.
- Be the best version of you.
- Don’t get in the way of my great day.
- Forever isn’t for everyone
- 99% sweet, 1%…well, you’ll figure it out
- The best place to get lost is in your own thoughts.
- Not lucky. Just blessed.
- Shameless selfie for the win.
Lyric Selfie Captions
There are tons of artists that have award-winning selfie captions. Depending on the type of music you and/or your followers enjoy, you may want to pick music that is connected to your niche.
Otherwise, you could always go with some of the most quotable bands for selfies, like The Beatles or Queen. Drake is also notorious for giving the world some of the best selfie captions!
- Nothing can stop me, I’m all the way up.
- I learned working with the negatives could make for better pictures.
- Sunshine mixed with a little hurricane.
- All you need is love
- Find me where the wild things are
- I know that we’ll be safe and sound
- I’m way up, I feel blessed.
- There’s no other way I’d rather be. Confidence is all I see.
- I am beautiful, no matter what they say.
- You could be the king but watch the queen conquer.
- B*tch don’t kill my vibe
- We’ll keep on fighting till the end.
Short Instagram Captions for Selfies
Sometimes you don’t want to write a novel on your selfies and would rather keep things short and sweet. Here are some short Instagram selfie captions to do just that.
- Good vibes only
- You are worthy
- Love yourself
- Don’t worry, be happy
- No rain, no flowers
- Every moment matters
- Live in the present
- Life is short. Do you.
- When nothing goes right, go left.
- Create your own happiness.
- No idea where I’m going, but I’m on my way!
- Fight for yourself.
- Hi there
- What’s up Instagram?
Instagram Captions For Mirror Pics
Mirror selfies are one of the staple pieces of content on Instagram, and if you get the composition just right, they can add a lot of value to your Instagram feed.
The first thing that you need to do is check out your surroundings and make sure everything looks good. There are a wide range of things you can mention in your caption, especially when it relates to your images in the background.
Here are some captions for mirror selfies to get you started!
- Oh, hey there.
- But first, let me take a selfie.
- Mirrors show us what we look like, not who we are.
- I love staring at pretty things.
- Just your typical bathroom selfie!
- Mirror, mirror, on the wall…who’s the fairest of them all?
- I like to start my day with some self-reflection.
- Looks aren’t everything, but I have them just in case.
- Hating me doesn’t make you look any better.
- Warning: objects in the mirror may be cuter than they appear!
- Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you.
- My only competition is the person in the mirror.
- I love mirrors because they love me.
- It’s just me, my selfie and I.
- The only one who can change your life is the one looking back at you from the mirror.
- Less perfection, more authenticity.
- Be more of you. You’re completely unique.
Funny Selfie Captions
They say laughter is the best medicine, and who wouldn’t want to stick around to see your Instagram content if you have some of the funniest selfie captions? You could always look up some of the best popsicle stick jokes too— that’s some serious nostalgia!
- Maybe she’s born with it…maybe it’s the Valencia filter.
- Reality called. I hung up.
- You probably know the human body is 90% water. Cucumbers are 90% water. So I guess that means we’re all walking cucumbers with way more anxiety.
- I walk around every single day like everything’s fine. But deep down. Way deep down. Inside my shoe…my sock is sliding off.
- Are you lacking vitamin ME?
- New look, same mistakes.
- A selfie a day keeps the mental breakdowns away!
- “Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.” – Oscar Wilde
- I plan to be as useless as the letter “g” in lasagna today.
- Posting this to make everyone else feel better about themselves. You’re welcome.
- Come here you big, beautiful cup of coffee and lie to me about what we’ll accomplish today.
- Don’t be ashamed of who you are— that’s your parents’ job.
- I don’t always study, but when I do, I don’t!
Punny Selfie Captions
Along the same lines of funny selfie captions are PUNNY selfie captions, using fun play on words to help you smitten your Instagram followers and make your content that much more enjoyable.
- Getting paid to sleep would be my dream job.What washes up on tiny beaches? Microwaves.
- Two windmills are standing in a wind farm. One asks, “What’s your favorite kind of music?” The other says, “I’m a big metal fan.”
- How do you throw a space party? You planet.
- I make apocalypse puns like there’s no tomorrow.
- Life as a professional yo-yoer has its ups and downs.
- How does Moses make coffee? Hebrews it.
- I used to be indecisive; now I’m not so sure.
- Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
- I went to buy some camouflage yesterday but couldn’t find any…
- What did the grape say when it got stepped on? Nothing – it just let out a little whine.
- What does C.S. Lewis keep in his wardrobe? Narnia business.
- Believe in yourselfie.
- Calvin asked for my number, but I de-Klein’d.
Famous Quotes For Selfie Captions
Sometimes you just need some words of wisdom to connect with your followers, and what’s better than a famous quote to serve up the realness?
You could always search for quotes from your favorite authors or personalities, but here are some of the greats. In fact, we could go on and on!
- “A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.” – Nelson Mandela
- “It isn’t where you came from, it’s where you’re going that counts.” – Ella Fitzgerald
- “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – John Wooden
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. — Walt Disney
- “If you want to fly, give up everything that weighs you down.” – Buddha
- “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Creativity is contagious, pass it on!” – Albert Einstein
- “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
- “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
- “If your dreams don’t scare you, they’re too small.” – Richard Branson
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough. – Oprah Winfrey
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
- “Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.” – Salvador Dali
- Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans. -John Lennon
No Makeup Selfie Captions
You can win some real points with your followers when you serve up authentic, no-makeup selfies. People can really connect with that and you also break through the “Instagram perfection” scenario.
- No makeup, no worries, no problems.
- OMG = only MY glam
- I really did wake up like this.
- Self love is the best form of self care.
- I’d say ‘unfiltered’ is the best filter on here.
- There is beauty in simplicity.
- Embrace your inner beauty, and it will pour over to the outside, too.
- I gave my glam squad the day off today.
- It’s feeling like a no-makeup day.
- “Whether I’m wearing lots of makeup or no makeup, I’m always the same person inside.” – Lady Gaga
Of course, you could also wear a ton of makeup and ironically post your caption as #nomakeup! That’s always a fun little way to play around on Instagram, especially if it fits your personality.
Birthday Selfie Captions
Whether it’s your big day or not, you can have some fun with these ideas for birthday selfie captions on Instagram!
- Nothing can stop me this year.
- Birthdays are better with cake.
- Another year older, none the wiser.
- Live each day like it’s your birthday.
- Time to party like it’s my birthday! (Hint: it is.)
- I’d rather make the years count than count the years.
- Hoping for a birthday cake as sweet as me!
- I’m so awesome, when I was born, I was given a certificate.
- Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the more you have the longer you live.
- Old enough to know better. Young enough to get away with it.
- Cheers to (insert number) years!
- Getting older but my inner child is ageless.
- It’s not the years in your life but the life in your years.
Instagram Captions For Selfies: OOTD Edition
Fashion plays a big role on Instagram, and if you want to feature your clothes in your selfie, you can always add Instagram captions for selfies with OOTD (outfit of the day) into the mix.
- Here to slay all day.
- Here it is everyone. The outfit of the day. The OOTD. The Ooh Ta Dah.
- “Fashions fade, style is eternal.” —Yves Saint Laurent
- Never underestimate the power of a good outfit.
- No outfit is complete without a smile!
- Dress up to show up.
- “Happiness is the same price as red bottoms.”
- Every outfit can count for something.
- *Has a closet full of clothes.* *Wears the same five outfits.*
- You like my outfit? Gee thanks, just bought it.
- Bad vibes don’t go with my OOTD.
- Met my sole mate today.
- Looking like a snack.
Book Quote Selfie Captions
Feeling intellectual with your selfie today? Use some of these ideas for selfie captions from books to give a new vibe to your selfie.
- “So it goes.”
- “I’d rather die on an adventure than live standing still.”
- “We accept the love we think we deserve.”
- “Wishes were things of wonder that took a certain amount of faith.”
- “She supposed she could Google, but she preferred to wonder.”
- “Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.”
- “If you’re going to live, you might as well do painful, brave, and beautiful things.”
- “It’s the imperfections that make things beautiful.”
- “What’s done is done.”
- “There is always something left to love.”
- “Things are always better in the morning.”
- “Every woman is the architect of her own fortune.”
- “There is some good in this world, and it’s worth fighting for.”
- “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.”
- “Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.”
- “It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”
- “Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
Movie Quotes For Instagram Selfie Captions
There are tons of classic movies out there, and when one of your followers or viewers can recognize your quote, you can make a quick connection with them and build loyalty with your followers. Pop culture and movie references are always a great way to do so.
Here are some classic movie quotes for selfies to get your ideas flowing.
- “Adventure is out there.” – Up
- “Make your lives extraordinary.” – Dead Poets Society
- “Here’s looking at you, kid.” – Casablanca
- “Don’t dream it, be it.” – The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- “It’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world.” – American Beauty
- “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” – Dirty Dancing
- “I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.” – The Incredibles
- “I’m king of the world!” – Titanic
- “You had me at hello.” – Jerry Maguire
- “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.” — The Godfather
- “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- “Do, or do not. There is no try.” – Star Wars
- “May the force be with you.” — Star Wars
- “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.” — Gone with the Wind
- “Just keep swimming.” – Finding Nemo
Disney Selfie Captions
- Some people are worth melting for.
- The happiest place on Earth is MY happiest place.
- Dinglehopper hair, don’t care.
- There’s something special about seeing that castle.
- “Guys, I want a castle.” – Flynn Rider, Tangled
- “Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.”
- Everything tastes better when it’s shaped like Mickey.
- How many hidden Mickeys can you see in this picture?
- A dream is a wish your heart makes.
- I’ve got Ears for every day of the week, how about you?
- “It all started with a mouse.” – Walt Disney
- Has anyone seen my glass slipper?
- You ain’t never had a friend like me!
Disneyland is one of the best places to post fun and lighthearted selfies. If you happen to be spending time in the parks, watching Disney movies, or even just enjoying a bit of Disney culture, these above captions can help guide your captions and add a little flair to your Disney posts.
You could also simply add on a quote from your favorite Disney movie, or ask a cast member at the park to say something and caption it!
Television Quotes For Selfies
Just as with song lyrics and Disney selfie quotes, you can pick and choose from your favorite TV series to get the perfect selfie quote. If you want some of the most quotable TV lines for your selfies, here we’ve got you covered.
- “I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.” – Leslie Knope, Parks and Rec
- “How you doin’?” – Joey, Friends
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” -Wayne Gretzky – Michael Scott.
- “Holy mother-forking shirtballs.” – The Good Place
- “It’s so hard to care when you’re this relaxed.” -Chandler, Friends
- “I’m FINE!” – Ross, Friends
- “Funny how sometimes you just find things.” – How I Met Your Mother
- “Oh honey, I have a fake laugh with your name written all over it.” – Will and Grace
- “Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can’t lose.” – Friday Night Lights
- “Winter is coming.” – Game of Thrones
- “And if eating cake is wrong, I don’t want to be right.” – Gilmore Girls
- “I’m trying very hard not to connect with people right now.” – Schitt’s Creek
- “If I die, turn my tweets into a book.” – Brooklyn 99
- “I am not a successful adult. I don’t eat vegetables and/or take care of myself.” – New Girl
- “You can’t have all the goodness and possibility with zero risk.” — Gossip Girl
- There is no lemon so sour that you can’t make something resembling lemonade.” – This Is Us
Instagram Captions For Selfies For Girls
Here are some great ideas for girl selfie captions!
- Decluttering my life like Marie Kondo.
- I’m not high maintenance, you’re low effort.
- Being happy is always in style
- Speak to yourself kindly.
- I don’t need your approval to be me.
- Mentally at the beach.
- Hot girl summer
- Crazy hair, don’t care
- That’s hot
- Maybe she’s born with it
- Hating me doesn’t make you pretty.
- A little contour, a little confidence.
- Am I THAT girl?
- Boss babe.
Guy Selfie Instagram Caption Ideas
Guys post selfies too, and that’s awesome! If you want to add some flair to your selfie, consider using some of the selfie caption ideas we’ve compiled for you below.
- In a world of trends, I’m gonna stay a classic.
- Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.
- Did I just make your heart skip a beat?
- I got back with my Ex…Box 360.
- Aspire to inspire before you expire.
- Be happy. It drives people crazy.
- The best days are filled with chill vibes.
- I decide my vibe.
- Saturdays are for the boys.
- Make today so great that yesterday gets jealous.
- Do what is right, not what is easy.
- I do a thing called ‘what I want.’
- Sure, I do marathons. On Netflix.
- An apple a day will keep anyone away if you throw it hard enough.
- I’m not always sarcastic. Sometimes I’m sleeping.
- Hustle until your haters ask if you’re hiring.
Couple Selfie Captions
Selfies can happen with more than one person, so when you give the spotlight to your significant other, don’t forget to add some of the ideas for best couple selfie captions!
- So glad to have my adventure buddy with me.
- The best things in life are better with you.
- You make my heart skip a beat.
- Never easy. Always worth it.
- Two peas in a pod.
- Orange you glad you met me?
- My ride or die
- Nothing to see here, just a couple weirdos in love.
- My favorite place is wrapped in your arms.
- I’m down for ya always
- Sundays are for snuggles.
- My other half.
- Our love story is my favorite fairytale.
Single Selfie Captions
No significant other? No problem! We’ve got some of the greatest captions for single selfies on Instagram!
- “You are your best thing.” – Toni Morrison
- Why fall in love when you can fall asleep?
- Wifi + food + my bed = perfection
- Single and ready to get nervous around anyone I find attractive.
- “Single and fabulous, exclamation point.” – Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
- I’m ridin’ solo.
- Who needs a boyfriend/girlfriend when you have UberEats?
- Just waiting for my soulmate to find me laying on the couch watching Netflix.
- Yeah, I’m my own soul mate.
- “Being single is pretty good. It’s a nice sense of irresponsibility.” – Michael Douglas
- I’m as single as a dollar, and I’m not looking for change.
- Not searching for my other half. I’m not a half.
Graduation Selfie Captions
Celebrating the huge milestone of graduation? Let your followers know all about it with some of the best ideas for graduation Instagram selfie captions.
- I graduated, so now I’m like all smart and stuff.
- “You have no idea how high I can fly.” – the Office
- Please hire me.
- “Kid, you’ll move mountains.” – Dr. Seuss
- “What, like it’s hard?”
- That wasn’t at all like High School Musical…
- “Life is my college. May I graduate well, and earn some honors!” – Louisa May Alcott
- “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.” – Bob Marley
- “Graduation is not the end; it’s the beginning.” – Senator Orrin Hatch
- “The best is yet to come.” – Frank Sinatra
- Nobody said it was easy.
- Don’t stop until you’re proud.
- Bye Felicia.
Hobby-Based Selfie Captions
Hobby-based selfies can be another excellent way to make a connection with your followers, showcase products and services, as well as promote your favorite brands! Here are some hobby-based selfie caption ideas to add to your posts.
- Not all who wander are lost
- “Every canvas is a journey all its own.” – Helen Frankenthaler
- Shopping can be a great hobby…not so great for my bank account.
- Reading is dreaming with eyes wide open.
- “Only a life lived for others is worth living.” – Albert Einstein
- Cooking is about creating something delicious for someone you love.
- The piano has been my friend all my life; it has always comforted me.
- Video games ruined my life. Good thing I have two more.
- What are you listening to?
- Sometimes the best runs come on the days you didn’t feel like running.
- What’s your hobby? Mine is (insert hobby here).
Instagram Captions For Selfies With Pets
Your furry friends can get you some major points with your followers and viewers, so here are our favorite Instagram caption ideas for selfies with pets!
- Love my furbaby
- Love is a four-legged word.
- Everything I know I learned from dogs.
- Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
- This my lil doggie dude.
- Life is short. Spoil your (pet).
- Some days you’re the dog, some days you’re the hydrant.
- I’m not single, I have dogs.
- I work hard so my (insert pet here) can have nice things.
- Thanks fur the memories.
- Live like someone left the gate open
- Stay pawsititve
- I try to make my (dog/cat/etc.) proud every day.
- Always tell your pet goodnight.
- I used to love dogs until I discovered cats.
- Coffee and cats make the world go around.
- Tell your dog we say hi.
Sibling Selfie Captions
Family is one of the most valuable things in life, and if you are featuring your siblings on your Instagram, use one of our sibling selfie captions below.
- Partners in crime.
- Siblings: a combination of a best friend and a pain in the neck.
- Sister, you’re not old— you’re vintage.
- Annoying you is my favorite pastime.
- Tom and Jerry.
- There’s no buddy like a brother.
- Siblings: the only enemy you can’t live without.
- You’re bromazing.
- My built-in best friend.
- Imagine me, but twice.
- It’s like we’re kids again!
Friday Selfie Captions
TGIF, amirite? There is no better day than Friday to post a great selfie. After all, everyone is kicking off the weekend! Here are some of the best selfie captions for your Friday posts. Add on an emoji for extra expression and mood.
- Friday is my second favorite F word.
- Hello weekend! What are your plans?
- I’m 70% nicer after 2pm on Fridays, that’s a fact.
- “Friday afternoon meetings are the best!” – Said no one, ever
- Who’s counting down to happy hour with me?
- I haven’t been this excited about Friday since last friday!
- It’s beginning to look a lot like cocktails. Happy hour, anyone?
- I swear it’s felt like Friday since Tuesday.
- Oh, that Friday Feeling.
- It’s Friday, baby!
- May today be Fridayest Friday that ever Fridayed.
Wedding Selfie Captions
- Welcome to the start of our forever.
- My forever and always.
- Marriage? Yeah, it has a nice ring to it.
- I’d marry you anytime, anywhere.
- I’ve found that happily ever after does exist.
- He stole my heart. I took his last name.
- From here on out, all my smiles start with you.
- All we need is love.
- Still falling for you harder than ever before.
- Bride to be!
- Love is in the air.
- Can’t wait to become Mr./Mrs. (name).
- A few moments away from forever.
Food Selfie Captions
Instagram selfies with food is a great way to feature yourself alongside other meaningful content on Instagram, and it’s especially valuable for brand partnerships. Here are some great starting captions for food selfies on Instagram.
- I like hashtags because they look like waffles.
- First, we eat. Then, we do everything else.
- Donut kill my vibe.
- My happiness sometimes revolves around good food.
- The eyes you make when you see the waiter coming with your food.
- I just want someone to look at me the way I look at food.
- Life is a combination of magic and pasta.
- Yes, I’m always thinking about food. It makes me happy.
- There is no “we” in fries.
- Ice cream: the one thing I can always count on, no matter what.
Holiday Selfie Captions
Your holiday selfie captions on Instagram will depend on the holiday that is coming up. Even if you don’t post your selfie right on the day, you can still use holiday-based captions in advance to get people in the spirit.
- Let’s sleigh this holiday season.
- I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over my freedom ringing.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
- Ghouls just wanna have fun!
- May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve.
- I’ll be ho-ho-home for Christmas.
- I’m only a morning person on December 25th.
- This is my resting Grinch face.
- Here’s to being thankful forever and always.
- Loving others isn’t just for Valentine’s day.
- Let’s get shamrocked!
- Happy (holiday) everyone! What are you doing to celebrate?
Sporting Event Selfie Captions
Sports are also about connecting with people, so acknowledge your followers’ favorite events and add some fun with sports selfie captions.
- Champions train, losers complain.
- Fight on!
- Game days are the best.
- It’s the best time of year!
- Play with your heart
- One team, one dream.
- Some wish for it; we work for it.
- (sport name) isn’t just a sport— it’s a way of life.
- Come on (team!)
- It’s all about my team
Vacation Selfie Captions
Last but not least, you’ve got to have some great travel Instagram captions for when you go on that vacation!
- Wander often, wonder always.
- I’ve got a bad case of wanderlust.
- Off we go!
- Take me anywhere.
- If traveling was free, you’d never see me again.
- Keep calm and travel.
- I need six months of vacation, twice a year.
- Always pick the scenic route.
- Never met a sunset I didn’t like.
- If you’re not lost, you’re not much of an explorer.
- Off to (destination!) What do you recommend?
- Be right back, offe exploring the world.
- Excuse me while I cross this off my bucket list.
Final Thoughts: Best Instagram Selfie Captions
We’re so glad we could share with you over 350 Instagram selfie caption ideas! There are so many creative ways you can connect with your followers, and hopefully now you have a great starting point to build captions that make an impact.
Which captions are you going to try first? Don’t forget to include a call to action to help boost engagement and grow your Instagram!
Growthoid can also help you to take your Instagram engagement to the next level. Get started today and get more reach for your content to grow your Instagram followers!