The holiday season is one of the best times to amp up your Instagram efforts. If you’re looking for a variety of Christmas captions for Instagram to use during the season, you’ve hit the jackpot! Christmas will be here before you know it, so it’s a good idea to get started now.
Shoppers are out in full swing, people are looking for the perfect gifts, and what better way to make an impact on your audience than infusing your Instagram posts with a little holiday cheer?
You can boost your revenue and sales during the holidays by sharing well-created Instagram posts with perfectly curated Christmas captions for Instagram.
The internet has completely revolutionized the way that people prepare for Christmas. It’s been shown that 70% of people shop online during Christmas, likely to continue rising with COVID-19 and the ease of buying from wherever you may be.
After all, who wants to sit in holiday traffic and spend their valuable time looking for parking spaces at a crowded store, anyway?
Digital marketing, therefore, plays a huge role in how many people you can turn into customers. 8 out of 10 consumers are influenced by the internet before making a purchase during the holidays, and this is becoming the norm in terms of shopping habits overall.
Social media is the best place to implement your digital marketing and content marketing strategies, so why not turn your focus to Instagram and start to boost your presence before Christmas?
The holidays can certainly be a busy time, with so much to do and so little time to do it. Even though you’ve got a lot on your plate, it will benefit you significantly to sit down and plan out some holiday Instagram content.
After all, you should always aim to participate in trends and current events, and when one of the biggest holidays in the year is upon us, your Instagram strategy should be putting the pedal to the metal.
We’re here to make things a bit easier by offering you an expansive list of Christmas captions for Instagram!
Our list has over 200 captions for Christmas and the holidays. We’ve done all the digging and have composed this go-to list to meet all of the needs of your captioning throughout many users’ favorite season of all.
The following Instagram captions can help you connect with your audience, boosting engagement as well as sales. Let’s take a look.
Christmas Captions for Instagram
Here you’ll find a variety of Christmas captions for Instagram, all categorized by the type of caption it is. That will help you to better determine which captions may fit with what content.
Don’t forget— these are simply suggestions and ideas! Feel free to take creative rein over the captions we provide and add your own flavor or branding to them. Anything can be expanded or minimized!
Also, keep in mind that people love visuals, so adding emojis where you can is a great way to make your captions even more engaging, if it fits your brand, of course.
You should continue to follow captioning best practices, including adding relevant hashtags to the caption as well as including a call-to-action (CTA), which we’ll discuss more in the final section of this post.
Let’s check out 200+ Instagram Christmas captions! Get your santa hats on.
Funny Christmas Captions for Instagram
Let’s face it— the year can get pretty tough towards the end. People are looking for lighthearted and relaxing moments as the holidays approach, wanting to make memories with their friends and family and escape the day to day of the rest of the year.
With people in a fun mood during the holidays, you may look to infuse your content with personality, using funny Christmas captions that put a smile on your followers’ faces. Don’t forget to stay in line with your brand or business, but adding some of that quirkiness can really brighten someone’s day during the holiday season.
Here are some ideas for funny Christmas captions:
- “May all your sweaters be ugly and bright.”
- “Weekend forecast: Hallmark Christmas movies with a chance of baking.”
- “December is my cheat day.”
- “It’s beginning to cost a lot like Christmas.”
- “Christmas: The only time of the year when you can sit in front of a dead tree and eat candy out of socks.”
- “Currently suffering from OCD — Obsessive Christmas Disorder.”
- “I’m only a morning person on December 25th.”
- “Here comes Amazon, here comes Amazon, right down my driveway.”
- “When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but 10 extra pounds on my hips, thighs, and rear.”
- “Christmas is about more than presents. There are also cookies.”
- “At Christmas, calories don’t count.”
- “Dear Santa, please refer to my Pinterest boards.”
- “A virgin birth I can believe. But finding three wise men?”
- “Once again, we come to the holiday season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.”
- “The high for today was 54. The low was eating an entire batch of cookies.”
- “All I want for Christmas is a silent night.”
- “A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.”
- “Time to get your fake ‘it’s just what I wanted’ faces ready.”
- “Michael Buble is defrosting as we speak.”
- “Resting Grinch face.”
- “Deck the halls like Chip and Joanna are watching.”
- “I’ve been ready for Christmas since December 26th.”
- “Dear Santa: I’ve been good all year. Most of the time. Once in a while. Never mind, I’ll buy my own stuff.”
- “‘Made with love’ means I licked the spoon and kept using it.”
- “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas. But if the white runs out, I’ll drink the red.”
- “Let’s get lit.”
- “This Christmas instead of gifts I’m giving everyone my opinion. Get excited.”
- “Don’t forget the reason for the season— shopping!”
Classic Christmas Captions for Instagram
If you want to stick to the more classic, traditional style of Christmas, you may consider one of these classic captions that we’ve laid out for you below. This goes great with your main content pieces, and people will recognize them right away.
- “Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring — not even a mouse.”
- “Good tidings for Christmas and a happy new year.”
- “For the spirit of Christmas fulfills the greatest hunger of mankind.”
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.”
- “It’s the most wonderful time of the year.”
- “At Christmas, all roads lead home.”
- “Peace on earth, goodwill to men.”
- “‘Tis the season!”
- “Deck the halls with (your idea here)”
- “Home for the holidays.”
- “It’s the most wonderful time of the year.”
- Eat, drink, and be merry!”
- It’s a wonderful life.”
- “Walking in a winter wonderland.”
Top Christmas Captions for Instagram in Other Languages
Traveling this Christmas? Want to share Christmas wishes in multiple languages for your followers around the globe? Look no further— we’ve got some different ways to say “Merry Christmas” in other languages!
This can be a great way for your content to include other countries and global citizens. You may even include a series that features content from users around the globe, wishing them a merry Christmas in the local language.
Here are 20 ways to say “Merry Christmas” in other languages:
- “Feliz Navidad.” — Spanish
- “Joyeux Noel.” — French
- “Buon Natale.” — Italian
- “Feliz Natal.” — Portuguese
- “Crăciun fericit.” — Romanian
- “Frohe Weihnachten.” — German
- “메리 크리스마스” — Korean
- “Veselé Vánoce.” — Czech
- “God Jul.” — Norwegian
- “Vrolijk kerstfeest.” — Dutch
- “ਮੇਰੀ ਕਰਿਸਮਸ” — Punjabi
- “Giáng sinh vui vẻ” — Vietnamese
- “عيد ميلاد مجيد” — Arabic
- “счастливого Рождества” — Russian
- “圣诞节快乐” — Chinese
- “สุขสันต์วันคริสต์มาส” — Thai
- “Mele Kalikimaka” — Hawaiian
- “Felicem natalem Christi.” — Latin
- “メリークリスマス” — Japanese
- “क्रिसमस की बधाई” — Hindi
- “Geseënde Kersfees” — Afrikaans
Don’t want to say “Merry Christmas?” Here are some ways to say “Happy Holidays” instead:
- “Joyeuses fêtes” — French
- “Felices fiestas” — Spanish
- “Buone Feste” — Italian
- “Fijne feestdagen” — Dutch
- “สุขสันต์วันหยุด” — Thai
- “Sărbători fericite” — Romanian
- “Frohes Fest” — German
- “节日快乐” — Chinese
- “Felizes Festas” — Portuguese
- “Hezké svátky” — Czech
- “اجازة سعيدة” — Arabic
- “Glade høytider” — Norwegian
- “Gelukkige vakanties” — Afrikaans
- “Kỳ nghỉ vui vẻ” — Vietnamese
- “Счастливых праздников” — Russian
- “छुट्टियां आनंददायक हों” — Hindi
- “Felices fiestas” — Latin
- “ਛੁੱਟੀਆਂ ਮੁਬਾਰਕ” — Punjabi
- “幸せな休日” — Japanese
- “Hauʻoli lā hoʻomaha” — Hawaiian
- “행복한 휴일” — Korean
We’ve tried our best to make these as accurate as possible, so we apologize if anything was lost in translation!
Business Christmas Captions for Instagram
We all know that business never quits, and when you’re looking for a good way to involve the holidays on Instagram, you may consider doing so through festive posts along with holiday captions.
You can be creative in your business Christmas captions, just make sure to keep it professional and don’t alienate anyone who may be in your target audience. Inclusion is key in many different lines of business.
Here are some ideas for business Christmas captions:
- “Sit back, relax, and don’t think about reports and spreadsheets. Happy Holidays!”
- “May all your days be merry and bright!”
- “Wishing you all the light and warmth of Christmas this season.”
- “May this Christmas outshine the rest.”“Season’s greetings from the merriest team at (business name here).”
- “Don’t forget to unplug during the holidays!”
- “Seasons greetings from (business name here)!” How do you like to celebrate the holidays?
- “We appreciate your business throughout this year! Looking forward to seeing you again next year.”
- “From all of us at (business name here) to all of you, merry Christmas and happy holidays!”
- “What I don’t like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day.”
- “Christmas begins about the first of December with an office party and ends when you finally realize what you spent, around April fifteenth of the next year. — P.J. O’Rourke”
- “Don’t get your tinsel in a tangle.”
- “Season’s greetings and holiday wishes for the new year.”
- “How is Christmas like a day at the office? You do all the work and the fat guy in the suit gets all the credit.”
- “All roads lead to home for the holidays. Wishing you and your loved ones a happy holiday season (from your business name).”
- We hope you have a happy holiday season with your loved ones.
Cute Christmas Captions for Instagram
Looking for a fun way to add personality and charm to your Instagram captions during the holiday season? Below we’ve got some ideas that can give you a lighthearted and cute energy to compliment your Christmas posts on Instagram.
- “Deck the halls.”
- “Fa la la la la, la la la la.”
- “A December to remember.”
- “You rock my Christmas socks.”
- “It’s Christmas jammie time.”
- “Keep calm and Christmas on.”
- “Jingle bell rockin.”
- “It’s a happy holiday.”
- “Cozy nights and Christmas lights.”
- “Merry everything with a side of happiness.”
- “All spruced up.”
- “The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.”
- “I’ve been ready for Christmas since December 26th.”
- “Christmas wishes with mistletoe kisses.”
- “Season’s eatings and holiday spirits.”
- “Merry and bright.”
- “Believe in the magic of the season.”
- “Meet me under the mistletoe.”
Christmas Quotes for Instagram
You can never go wrong with a quote as your Instagram caption, so here are a couple more to add to your Christmas repertoire:
- “As for me, I like to take my Christmas a little at a time, all through the year.”
- “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.”
- “For centuries men have kept an appointment with Christmas. Christmas means fellowship, feasting, giving and receiving, a time of good cheer, home.”
- “It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.”
- “The earth has grown old with its burden of care, but at Christmas it always is young.”
- “The gift of love. The gift of peace. The gift of happiness. May all these be yours at Christmas.”
- “Just remember, the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart.”
- “Christmas, my child, is love in action.”
- “Peace on earth will come to stay when we live Christmas every day.”
- “Nothing ever seems too bad, too hard, or too sad when you’ve got a Christmas tree in the living room.”
- “Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful.”
Christmas Captions for Instagram from Songs
What would the holidays be without music? All around the globe, people can recognize the most classic Christmas songs, no matter how many different versions and remakes have come out. They’re classic songs for a reason, after all.
You can include the beauty of Christmas music in your Instagram posts not only through actual songs, but also through your captions! Here are some ideas from the top Christmas songs of all time:
- “Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose. And if you ever saw it, you would even say it glows!”
- “Simply having a wonderful Christmastime!”
- “In the air there’s a feeling of Christmas.”
- “Have a holly jolly Christmas!”
- “Last Christmas, I gave you my heart.”
- “Christmastime is here, happiness and cheer. Fun for all that children call, their favorite time of year.”
- “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas.”
- “I heard the bells on Christmas Day, their old, familiar carols play, and wild and sweet, the words repeat, of peace on earth, goodwill to men.”
- “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…”
- “Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock!”
- “Santa baby, hurry down the chimney tonight!”
- “Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la la, la la la la.”
- “Have yourself a merry little Christmas.”
- “All I want for Christmas is you.”
- “We wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.”
- “Silver bells, silver bells, it’s Christmas time in the city.”
- “Silent night, holy night. All is calm, all is bright.”
- “We can hardly stand the wait. Please Christmas, don’t be late.”
- “Although it’s been said many times, many ways, Merry Christmas to you.”
- “I’ll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams.”
- “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.”
Christmas Captions for Instagram from Movies
If you don’t watch at least one Christmas season during the holidays, you’re doing it wrong! People love to consume media related to the holiday, especially movies. Why not incorporate some fun pop culture into your Christmas captions?
When your followers recognize your movie quote, they’ll be more likely to leave a comment on your photo because they can relate to the caption and want to share how they feel about it. Here are some of the best Christmas movie quotes to feature on Instagram.
- “Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal.”
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”
- “Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to.”
- “Don’t be a cotton-headed ninny muggins.”
- “For a couple of hours out of the whole year, we’re the people we always hoped we would be.”
- “Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.”
- “You’ll shoot your eye out, kid.”
- “Son of a nutcracker!”
- “Maybe Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”
- “There’s a certain magic that comes with the very first snow. For when the first snow is also a Christmas snow, well, something wonderful is bound to happen.”
- “Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see.”
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year.”
- “We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: Candy, candy canes, candy corn, and syrup.”
- “There’s room for everyone on the nice list.”
- “Every time a bell rings, an angel gets its wings.”
- “I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It’s not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.”
- “Nobody’s walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas.”
- “Santa! I know him!”
- “Fra-gee-lay. Must be Italian.”
Family Christmas Captions for Instagram
Family is one of the biggest elements at the heart of holiday celebrations. If you want to be authentic and relatable, it’s a good idea to incorporate family into your Instagram content. Many people are truly thinking about their families at this time, and what that means to them.
You can connect with your followers by using family Christmas captions in your content and revel in one of the biggest reasons why many love Christmas.
- “A family like you makes the season bright.”
- “Christmas is a holiday that we celebrate not as individuals nor as a nation, but as a human family. — Ronald Reagan”
- “The best present on Christmas is spending time with family.”
- “Always love the giver more than the gift.”
- “It’s the simple things that remind you of family around the holidays.”
- “Mankind is a great, immense family. This is proved by what we feel in our hearts at Christmas. — Pope John XXIII”
- “Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.”
- “Santa Claus has the right idea. Visit people only once a year.”
- “Holidays bring out the best in family dysfunction.”
- “One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. Don’t clean it up too quickly. — Andy Rooney”
- “Home is where the Hallmark channel movies are.”
- “I do come home at Christmas. We all do, or we all should. — Charles Dickens”
- “‘Christmas is a togethery sort of holiday,’ said Pooh. ‘That’s my favorite kind,’ said Piglet.”
- “Christmas is the season of joy, of holiday greetings exchanged, of gift-giving, and of families united. — Norman Vincent Peale”
- “We’re just like a bunch of candy canes: sweet and slightly twisted.”
- “Happy holidays from Santa’s favorite elves.”
- “Deck the halls and not your family, fa la la la la.”
- “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: The presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other. — Burton Hills”
- “Mankind is a great, immense family. This is proved by what we feel in our hearts at Christmas.” — Pope John XXIII
Snow and Winter Christmas Captions for Instagram
Although some parts of the world aren’t touched by the cold weather and snowy landscapes,winter still floats around in the mind of many. In fact, many Christmas decorations depict snowy scenes, even in places where snow doesn’t fall!
No matter if you find yourself in smoldering California, or in the heat of summer in Australia, here are some snow and winter captions that can add some frostiness to your Instagram content.
- There’s snow business like snow business.”
- “Walking in a winter wonderland.”
- “Ice, ice, baby.”
- “Do you want to build a snowman?”
- “The cold never bothered me anyway.”
- “It’s snow joke outside.”
- “Snow much fun!”
- “It’s a winterful life.”
- “When snow falls, nature listens.”
- “My favorite outdoor activity is going back inside and putting my pajamas on.”
- “Baby, it’s cold outside.”
- “I’m s-mitten.”
- “How does a snowman get to work? By icicle.”
- “Jack Frost nipping at your nose… and mine!”
- “Winter is coming.”
- “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas.”
- “License to chill.”
- “Keep calm and wait for snow.”
- “Tis the season to sparkle.”
- “”Paradise doesn’t have to be tropical.”
- “Stay cozy!”
- “Hot chocolate weather.”
- “Cold hands, warm heart.”
- “Every day I’m shovelin’.”
- “The snuggle is real.”
- “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.”
- “It’s a marshmallow world of white!”
- “There’s snowplace like home.”
- “Sleighing the game.”
- “You’re never too old for a snowball fight.”
- “When life gives you snow, make snow angels.”
- “We’re just like snowflakes — beautiful in our own way.”
- “Love at frost sight.”
Deep or Meaningful Christmas Captions for Instagram
Looking to inspire your followers and ask them to dig a little deeper this holiday season? What better way than with quotes from some of the greats. Below you’ll find an array of meaningful Christmas captions to use on Instagram.
- “Christmas is the day that holds all time together.” — Alexander Smith
- “Nothing ever seems too bad, too hard, or too sad when you’ve got a Christmas tree in the living room.” — Nora Robers
- “God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If He gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it.” — Pope Francis
- “It was always said of him that he knew how to keep Christmas well. May that be truly said of us.” — Charles Dickens
- “And that, of course, is the message of Christmas. We are never alone. Not when the night is darkest, the wind coldest, the world most seemingly indifferent.” — Taylor Caldwell
- “It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.”
- “We are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.” — Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” — Mother Teresa
- “Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection.”
- “Christmas isn’t a season. It’s a feeling.”
- “May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve.”
- “I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year.” — Charles Dickens
- “He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree.” — Roy L. Smith
- “Christmas is not a date. It is a state of mind.”
- “Christmas is not a time or a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” — Calvin Coolidge
- “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” — Eric Sevareid
- “Christmas is most truly Christmas when we celebrate it by giving the light of love to those who need it most.” — Ruth Carter Stapleton.
- “Isn’t it funny that at Christmas something in you gets so lonely for — I don’t know what exactly, but it’s something that you don’t mind so much not having at other times.” — Kate L. Bosher
- “What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.” — Agnes M. Pahro
- “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” — Bob Hope
- “I don’t think Christmas is necessarily about things. It’s about being good to one another.” — Carrie Fisher
- “God bless us, every one (of us)!”
- “Christmas is a piece of home that one carries in one’s heart.” — Freya Stark
- “Probably the reason we all go so haywire at Christmas time with the endless unrestrained and often silly buying of gifts is that we don’t quite know how to put our love into words.” — Harlan Miller
- “And that, of course, is the message of Christmas. We are never alone. Not when the night is darkest, the wind coldest, the world seemingly most indifferent…” — Taylor Caldwell
Santa Christmas Captions for Instagram
Santa is, of course, the trademark figure of Christmas. The poster boy, if you will. If you want to include some fun captions that point to Ol’ Saint Nick, then this section is for you.
- “Santa told Mommy he wants wine this year.”
- “One more cookie and I’ll fit in the Santa costume.”
- “He’s making a list and checking it twice.”
- “Don’t wait until Christmas to play Santa Claus.”
- “Ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas!”
- “Of course there is a Santa Claus. It’s just that no single somebody could do all he has to do. So the Lord has spread the task among us all. That’s why everybody is Santa Claus. I am. You are. — Truman Capote”
- “How dreary would be the world if there was no Santa Claus! There would be no childlike faith, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence.”
- “Santa Claus doesn’t come down the chimney. He enters through the heart.”
- “There are three stages of a man’s life: He believes in Santa Claus, he doesn’t believe in Santa Claus, he is Santa Claus.”
- “The greatest thing is not to believe in Santa Claus; it is to be Santa Claus.”
- “I’m Claus-trophobic.”
- “Santa’s coming? I know him!”
- “Dear Santa, I can explain.”
- “Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring — except for people with kids who still believe in Santa.”
- “The real Santa Claus is at the mall.”
- “Let’s hope Santa won’t get killed using Apple Maps this Christmas.”
- “Not believe in Santa Claus?! You might as well not believe in fairies!”
- “You know you’re getting old when Santa starts looking younger.”
- “Let’s be naughty and save Santa the trip.”
- “Santa Claus is anyone who loves another and seeks to make them happy; who gives himself by thought or word or deed in every gift that he bestows.”” — Edwin Osgood Grover
Christmas Marketing Tips for Instagram
Now that you’ve got tons of ideas on Christmas captions for Instagram, let’s talk marketing. At the end of the day, all of the Instagram best practices are still going to apply at Christmastime, but you should consider that extra element and how you’re going to include the time of year.
You should be putting out festive content that connects with your target audience and gets them in the spirit so that they want to support your brand or business.
Here are some great real-world examples from different brands so that you can get inspired to create some top-quality holiday content this December. Let’s see what worked.
It seems like the holidays are here earlier and earlier every year, so don’t miss the boat— you should also begin your Christmas sales and promotions early. Many consumers shop for Christmas in advance, as early as before Halloween.
Due to COVID-19 and supply chain shortages, people were advised to begin shopping earlier than ever before, not only to stay safe and take things slow but also to make sure they were able to get what they needed.
That means that you can easily start to post Christmas content earlier rather than later. People love a good discount, so as long as you don’t start your Christmas ads in August, you should be good to go.
For example, Target took advantage of the fun idea that Christmas basically starts the day after Halloween, posting a Christmas-themed reel that transitioned Halloween decorations to Christmas decorations on November 1st.
Target is notorious for having great introductions to the holiday season, so you may want to consider doing something similar. How can you lightheartedly get your Instagram followers to start thinking about the imminent holiday season?
In the post, target added a link to view the store so that people could get started shopping for holiday decor and other goodies right within the app. This is another best practice and something you should certainly consider if you sell physical products.
Invest in Your Content
If you want to truly take your content to the next level during the holiday season, consider working with influencer marketing. The popular marketing strategy is used by most marketers on Instagram, and it’s only getting bigger.
The average ROI for businesses using influencer marketing is $5.78 as of 2021. Why is influencer marketing so effective?
Influencers have substantial platforms with followers that trust what the influencer has to say. In many people’s minds, they view influencers as someone they can relate to, someone who is almost like a friend.
We trust recommendations from our friends, so we also trust them from people who share their lives on Instagram.
There are plenty of examples of influencers doing this, just like when Kiara Madisen partnered with Bose to promote the new Bose 700 headphones to her followers. She followed standard procedure: shared product details along with hashtags, and recommended the product.
She also included a call-to-action, CTA, that asked her followers to leave a comment if they were going to ask for the headphones for Christmas. Great way to drive engagement.
Even furry friends can be influencers! @Oatiemeal, a cute French Bulldog from Chicago, took to Instagram as an “influencer” with over 138k followers, promoting a Holiday Advent Calendar from @Beggin. They followed a similar style and structure as Kiara did, but cute puppies were involved.
The best thing you can do is choose influencers that meet your engagement standards and, most importantly, have a connection with your target audience. You can use an influencer marketing tool to help you find the right one.
What’s more, don’t just invest in influencers— invest in your content creation. If you’re going to create your own holiday content, make sure that you have photos that look professional and high-quality.
Use Calls-to-Action in Your Caption
As we’ve mentioned a couple times, it’s important that you ask your followers to actively participate after you’ve shared your caption. You should always have a goal— what do you want your followers to do after seeing your post?
Do you want them to click on your shoppable post to see more about the products? Do you want them to share your content with a friend or family member? Do you want them to comment on your post? Visit your external website?
There are many things you can ask your followers to do, and this doesn’t stop just because the holidays are here. You can infuse your CTAs with holiday vibes as well. Here are some ideas:
- Do you buy (product) for the holidays? Let me (or “us” if you’re a business) know in the comments!
- What’s your favorite Christmas (something)?
- Tag someone who should gift you this!
- Mention your holiday shopping buddy!
The possibilities are endless— just make sure that you ask your followers to do something that reflects your Instagram goals.
Use Christmas Hashtags
Hashtags are important year-round, but you may need to add in some hashtags during the holidays. It’s better to be niche-specific when it comes to your hashtag strategy, as well as adding hashtags that are specifically related to your product or service.
Geo-focused hashtags are also useful. You may even consider using a branded hashtag to promote a winter campaign, providing you with another feed where users can see what real people post about you.
You can then feature this content on your profile, which builds community and encourages others to post. For example, @Glitz_Handicraft had some fun posts for the holidays, using a branded hashtag (#christmaswithglitz) in addition to Christmas-related hashtags like #christmasdiscount and product-related hashtags such as #keychain and #dreamcatcher.
Not only is their content fun and engaging with a strong CTA, but they used all of the important aspects of a good Christmas hashtag strategy.
Run Contests or Giveaways
Contests and giveaways are a great way to get people interested in your brand and boost your follower count + engagement rate on Instagram. Giveaways can help you grow up to 70x faster than those that don’t use them.
You may even want to combine your giveaways with influencer marketing so that you can reach more people, or try a loop giveaway that can help you harness the power of a wider audience.
No matter which method you choose, you should remember that giveaways have a couple goals: get people to follow you, get people to share with friends, and get people to engage with your content.
You can ask users to:
- Follow your account
- Mention a friend in the comments
- Leave a comment
- Share to their story
- And more
Don’t make it too complicated, but do enough so that your company can benefit through more followers and engaged users. Choose a prize that gets people excited.
Include GIFs and Video Content
GIFs and videos are two of the most effective strategies for catching people’s attention and boosting engagement. Both can be used in your Instagram stories to make them more interesting and interactive to users.
You don’t have to use only photos during the holidays, as both are great ways to reach users and connect with them. Millions of Instagram users watch video content daily on Instagram, and it’s commonly known that you’ll also get more engagement as well.
Starbucks always features very on-brand GIFs and videos, engaging their audience and adding fun brand personality to their posts on Instagram.
Tag Your Products in Posts
Do you sell physical products? Would you like to get monetization going from those sales? Well, Instagram introduced a way to do exactly that a couple years ago, and it’s very easy to use. All you have to do is link your Instagram account to a Facebook product catalog.
Users can see your evergreen content directly in your newsfeed and then choose whether or not they want to check it out even further. When you have a shoppable post, a small shopping bag appears in the corner so that users know it’s shoppable.
The fact that users are able to buy from within the Instagram app in just a few clicks is incredible. You should definitely be taking advantage of this feature if you sell physical products.
REI is a great example of this. They always tag relevant products in their posts, and they often do so while featuring user-generated content (UGC), which we’ll discuss in the next section.
This year, they posted a great reel that featured a small tent for doggies on camping trips, and it was adorably themed for the holidays. They tagged the item and users could tap to view more from directly within the post.
It was even a video post, so you can see that you don’t have to use only photos to tag products; you can do so in videos, as well as on reels.
Repost User-Generated Content
As we mentioned briefly above, user-generated content (UGC) is content that was originally created and posted by another user. They may have tagged you in the post, or you may have naturally come across their post in a feed.
Either way, UGC helps to build relationships with your community, create trust, as well as increase engagement and participation. One of the masters of UGC is H&M.
H&M lets users know they are featuring selected posts that tag #HMxME and @HM by placing that information in their bio. You can do the same— this is something you can do year-round, or you can create a special Christmas hashtag that you want your users to tag.
When you feature UGC on your Instagram, don’t forget to give credit to the original poster (OP); if you don’t know the person or they didn’t tag you in their post, you may consider asking them for it to ensure your bases are covered.
Always Keep an Active Instagram Story
Instagram stories is one of the most enjoyed features on Instagram, with over 500+ million viewing IG stories each day. If you’re not using stories yet, now is the time to start.
50% of all brands on Instagram are also active on Instagram stories at least once a month, so you should make sure to be one of them. With such a wide user base, you don’t want to miss any of your followers who don’t spend much time looking at the newsfeed.
One of the biggest pros in using stories is Bath and Body Works. They always keep up their story game and during the holidays, they certainly bring it. They use their stories to tell users about upcoming deals using countdowns, as well as poll viewers about their products.
What’s more, they often feature content from Instagram users that tag them, motivating users to share content that involves their products. Year-round, Bath and Body Works is a great company to observe if you need IG stories inspiration.
Use These Christmas Captions for Instagram This Year and Add Joy to Your Profile!
Christmas is an important holiday to many people all around the globe. For brands and businesses, it’s crunch time, with tons of competition in virtually every niche.
Take your holiday content to the next level by using the above Christmas captions for Instagram. No matter if you’re looking for business Christmas captions, cute Christmas captions, movie Christmas captions, or others, show your audience who you are and why they should support you.
Bring them cheer through your captions and feel free to add or change any of the options we added on the list above. Happy holidays!
Looking to get your content out to more of your target audience this holiday season? Don’t wait! Growthoid is here for you and we can help you build your follower count organically. Try us out today!