Instagram is user friendly for most people, and even if you’ve never used it before, you can still understand the basic functions with just a little time spent on the platform. You can post photos, videos, share stories, follow users, and more.
If you no longer want to have an Instagram account, it can also be easily deleted. You may, though, accidentally delete your Instagram or change your mind later about whether or not you want to completely remove your Instagram from existence.
Instagram was initially developed for connecting with family and friends through photo content and with new content formats and many new features, Instagram has become one of the most powerful social media networks for business marketing and generating interest in many other professional endeavors.
There are many reasons why people may want to get rid of their Instagram account, but if you’ve done it by accident or didn’t realize it was permanent, you may want to recover a deleted Instagram account after the fact.
In this article, we’re going to give you all the necessary information about how to recover a deleted Instagram account as well as the importance of having an active Instagram account in today’s world.
Let’s get started!
I Accidentally Deleted My Instagram Account. How Do I Recover It?
If you deleted your Instagram account or someone else deleted it, there’s no way to restore the Instagram account. When the account is deleted from directly within the Instagram app by the user, it’s permanent and nothing can be done.
If your Instagram account was banned, deleted, or disabled by Instagram or was hacked and then deleted, you may be able to restore the Instagram account.
In the next sections, we’ll discuss possible solutions and how to recover a deleted Instagram account if it wasn’t intentionally deleted by the user.
Reasons Your Instagram Needs to Work Properly
If you feel like you’ve been having a lot of technical problems with your Instagram, you may have wanted to delete it and start over hoping for things to get fixed. Before you take rash action and delete your account, consider reaching out to Instagram support.
Here are some of the most important features you need to have working properly on Instagram:
- Instagram story feature
- Chat and video chatting feature for direct marketing and messaging efforts
- Posts, post description, adding location, comments, and post likes
You also want to have a properly-functioning Instagram account because you need a comfortable and user-friendly experience if you want to post successful content.
If you are having malfunctions and things aren’t working right, you may suffer in getting your content out on time and exactly how you want it to be.
Don’t delete just yet! Contact support. If you’ve already deleted it, let’s see what can be done.
How to Recover an Instagram Account that Was Accidentally Deleted
If you want to recover an Instagram account that was deleted by Instagram or accidentally deleted, there are two potential methods that can help you get the Instagram account back.
Here we’ll cover the first one and then below we’ll cover the second.
How to recover a deleted Instagram account: method 1
- Visit the Instagram login page
- Type the username that you’d been using for your IG and click Get Help Signing In, which appears under the login button.
- After clicking this, you’ll need to continue to the next step which is Need More Help, which will take you to a new screen.
- On this screen, enter the email address that you signed up for Instagram with. You can also put the email that is listed as the contact email on your account.
- Here you’ll have to enter what type of account you had: professional, or personal. You can tell them which type you have and continue on.
- You’ll then want to click My Account was Hacked, which will create a box that asks for additional details, but you don’t have to put anything in there.
- You can then click Request Support once you complete all fields.
- You’ll get an email at the email address you provided shortly after you send the request.
- The email will ask you to fill out a verification form to make sure the account is yours. You’ll put your username, verification code, and a picture of you.
- The account has to be confirmed with a photo of you otherwise you won’t be able to get the account recovered.
- Complete the form, send it back, and wait for the response.
This will be able to help you get your deleted account back. If your account was disabled, you just simply wait for Instagram to give you instructions or follow the instructions when you try to log in and eventually your account will be restored.
Recover a Deleted Instagram Account: Method 2
If your account was deactivated and you want to file an appeal for the decision taken against your account, you can use this form to alert Instagram and they will investigate your claim for reactivation.
Keep an eye on your email and follow any additional instructions that they request from you.
You’ll also need to send a photo to verify your account and hopefully, Instagram will make the decision to reactivate your Instagram account.
Importance of the Instagram Account
Instagram is very important for many reasons, and with over 1 billion monthly active users, there is a lot of potential to increase your account’s reach exponentially and build your target audience into real Instagram followers that support your brand, business, or endeavor.
There are so many opportunities for business growth; you can reach more people in your target audience, promote your products and generate interest in them, generate leads, increase your conversion rates, boost revenue earned from Instagram, and more.
In this section, we’ll discuss some of the reasons why you need to have an Instagram account if you are looking to further your professional efforts.
Instagram for Business
Instagram has a wide array of content formats that can help your business efforts including Instagram stories, Instagram reels, IGTV, Instagram live, shoppable posts, and more.
Here are some of the most important statistics to help you see the impact Instagram can have on your business’s reputation and success.
- Instagram has over 1 billion monthly active users
- Over 60 million photos are uploaded to IG everyday
- Instagram has higher rates of engagement than other platforms
- Instagram keeps users on the platform for longer than other social networks and people often open their Instagram 3+ times a day to check out different content.
- 90% of Instagram users follow at least 1 business account and 2 out of 3 users find that Instagram helps them to connect and interact with brands.
- 50% of Instagram users are more interested in a brand after seeing it on Instagram.
These simple statistics indicate that Instagram holds a lot of potential for businesses and people love to connect with brands and businesses on the platform, so if you don’t have an Instagram account, you’re behind the curve.
Reach Benefits of Instagram
Instagram was first created in 2010, and in 2015 Instagram had over 400 million monthly active users on a global scale. Fast forward to today and they’ve grown to over 1 billion.
Instagram has risen to popularity over the years and it remains the premier platform for all different sorts of reasons.
Instagram was also acquired by Facebook in 2012 for 1 billion dollars, and the growth has created much more profitability for Instagram.
With revenue from Instagram ads, it’s safe to say that Facebook made a smart investment in the acquisition.
Because there are so many active users and so many people actively engaging on the platform, you can use Instagram to reach many new people who may be interested in your brand and you can even use hashtags and content tags to get user-generated content and feature your audience for community building.
Final Thoughts: Recover Your Deleted Instagram Account
At the end of the day, it’s important to have an Instagram account.
If your Instagram account was deleted mistakenly or due to Instagram or a hacking attempt, you can use one of the two methods above to try and recover your deleted Instagram account.
If you deleted your account, the action is permanent and you’ll need to get started with a new account. Go and do this ASAP considering that Instagram is a vital part of a brand’s public image and reputation.