Instagram remains one of the most popular social media platforms, and with over 1 billion monthly active users it makes perfect sense for brands, businesses, creators, and more to be directing their efforts in building a solid presence for their endeavor.
Gaining traction to get more Instagram followers can be tough with so much competition, but there are a few things you can do to get yourself ahead of the pack. One of the most important things you should consider is the basics— build yourself a great Instagram bio.
Having a solid Instagram bio can help you in all other Instagram efforts, whether you’re trying to build followers through engagement or through using hashtags to get your content seen by more people.
When a new visitor lands on your profile, if your bio isn’t optimized, they’re unlikely to have a lasting impression of you that will lead to a follow. It’s imperative that your bio is set up just right— people decide within seconds and a quick glance if they’re going to follow you or not.
It can be tough to write your own Instagram bio and hit all of the right marks; for that reason, we’re bringing you the ultimate guide to Instagram bios full with inspiration, suggestions, tips, and more.
We’ve got ideas for your specific niche, for cute bios, for women, men, pets, and more! You’re sure to find just what you need to tailor your Instagram bio to perfection.
Many of the options we’ve got for you can be used as-is, while some require some customization to work for your specific profile and content. Feel free to tweak any bio suggestion that you see on our list to suit your needs.
If you are looking for inspiration on how to create a good Instagram bio, look no further— we’ve literally got over 1000+ ideas for your Instagram bio.
Good Instagram Bios for Your Niche
It’s important that your bio effectively describes what your profile is all about and connects with your target audience. For that reason, we’ve organized our first set of bio tips according to niche. Here, you’ll find:
- Fashion and Retail
- Health and Fitness
- Music and Media
After that, we’ll dive into bios by category, such as funny/punny bios, cute bios, bios for men and women, and more.
Feel free to tweak these to your particular account and/or add emojis as you see fit! We’ve got a whole section on emoji bios as well.
Good Instagram Bios for Fashion and Retail
These bios are some general ideas for Fashion and Retail; make them your own and adjust them to your business and brands!
- Keeping you in style all day, every day.
- Keeping you in tough with the finest in fashion for every season.
- Shop (brand name) in store and online now!
- Dress for success with (brand name).
- Your ultimate guide to the latest trends and hottest styles (insert optional fire emoji).
- “Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically and emotionally.” — Cristian Louboutin (the idea here is to insert a hot fashion quote by a famous designer, ideally that connects with your brand).
- Changing the fashion industry one (insert product or unique feature) at a time.
- (insert adjective here) fashion found here.
- Welcome to your virtual Instacloset.
- A window into my fashionable life.
- I don’t do fashion, I am fashion.
- Life isn’t perfect, but your outfit can be. Shop now!
- We’ve got the dress/shirt/pants/shoes of your dreams— guaranteed.
- Buy less. Choose right. Make it last.
- Life’s a party, so dress like it!
- Welcome to the home of (type of) style.
- All about fashion since (insert est. date)
- A glimpse into my wardrobe: (insert three adjectives here) fashion.
- “I need new clothes.” — me, too often!
- I could give up shopping, but I’m not a quitter.
- Everyday effortless style.
- Shipping worldwide to help you look good for whatever’s on the agenda.
- Add to your photos to be featured!
- The secret of great style is to feel good in what you wear.
- Life’s too short to wear boring clothes.
- For women, by women. New collection coming soon!
- Helping women look and feel beautiful for over !
- Shop (brand name) for all your boutique clothing and formalwear needs!
- We’ve got the dress of your dreams. Guaranteed.
- In a world full of trends, we’re here to help you remain a classic.
- Never underestimate the power of a good outfit on a bad day.
- Buy less. Choose well. Make it last.
- When you shop, the world gets better.
- If you can’t stop thinking about it… buy it. 😉
- Dress like you’re going somewhere better later.
- Life’s a party. Dress like it.
- Welcome to the home of (type of) style.
- Thinking fashion since (est. date).
Instagram Bio Ideas for Business
Business Instagram accounts offer people a community of like-minded people as well as many different products and services that they can enjoy. Here are some bio ideas that can help set your profile apart.
- Read our stories + shop our feed: click the link and tap a photo
- We’ve got you covered on [@brandname]
- Great selection of (type of products) merch.
- Personal styling for everybody.
- Empowering our students to make an impact.
- Share your photos with us using #(brand name)
- We make great and work a lot more than our feed suggests.
- Official home of (brand name) on Instagram.
- Serving you since.
- Not your average (product type).
- The place for , and great photos.
- International, award-winning.
- The official account.
- Serving up hot lewks since (enter date of est.) .
- (enter location or type of people)’s top choice for (enter product).
- We’re that brand.
- We deliver to (enter location)
- The best behind-the-scenes insights from ______.
- Welcome to the community.
- We believe in (enter what you believe in), will you join the community?
- Want to know more about (fashion topic) ? Hit the follow button.
- Free international shipping!
- Check out our best-sellers and new products below.
- Drop us a line at (enter contact into).
- Like what you see? Click the link below to shop our Instagram.
- Join the community conversation with #brandhashtag.
- The ultimate selection of merch.
- Follow us to be the first to learn about new sales.
- We love seeing your purchase: tag us @instagramname!
- What’s your favorite product? Tag us #brandhashtag
- Tag us for a feature! #brandhashtag
- Simply great in ________.
- You’ve seen our website, now check out the Insta! New products announced monthly!
- “The power plant doesn’t have energy, it makes energy.” – Brendon Burchard
- We’re your mentor now.
- Offering customers the best _______.
- Providing customers with the finest (insert product).
- Leading the forward with our innovation and creativity.
- Treating our patients with the respect and dignity we show our family.
- Get help (insert business task) | | Free guide ⬇️
- Doing our best to make you look your best
- Our product melts away your stress.
- Raising the bar, one _____ at a time
- Providing the best experience by producing the highest quality
- We present the best process for your progress | Transforming
- The future: imagined today. | Helping overcome
- Leading the industry forward, beginning with you | Building up
- Your success is our priority.
- Your full-service (business function) based out of (location).
- We’re focused on ______ based in (location).
- Official home of (brand name) on Instagram
- Putting customers first since (est. date).
Health and Fitness Instagram Bio Ideas
There is no shortage of interesting quotes related to fitness, and people love to follow fitness gurus on Instagram. Here are some tips for creating the perfect Instagram fitness bio whether you’re a trainer, athlete, recreational lover, sports news center, and more.
- Wellness changes everything.
- Daily inspiration for a happy, healthy life.
- Making fitness and nutrition easy to understand.
- Ingredients for the good life.
- Transform your life and reach your goals
- Workouts, training tips, and nutrition advice for fitness enthusiasts
- Your trusted resource to get stronger and improve your life
- Pain today, muscles tomorrow.
- Winners find a way.
- Wake up beauty, it’s time to beast.
- Here to help you take care of your body, because it’s the only place you have to live.
- It doesn’t get easier. You just get stronger.
- Do something today your future self will thank you for.
- Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.
- Be the person who decided to go for it.
- The only bad workout is the one you didn’t do.
- Join the movement
- The world’s biggest platform for fitness, health, and crushing your goals.
- A brand for people who work hard and don’t believe in excuses.
- Teaching you how to move better and optimize performance.
- Everything you need to stay up on the fitness community and on top of your game.
- Feeling good > looking good
- Wellness you can trust.
- Commit to be fit.
- Let’s go.
- Healthy living begins with a healthy mind.
- Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far. – Thomas Jefferson
- Helping you build sustainable habits so you can live a more happy, healthy & fulfilled life!
- Healthy living doesn’t have to be difficult | Follow along for all the tips and tricks!
- You don’t need to be perfect. You just need to be better than you were yesterday.
- Helping you build healthier habits for a life you love.
- Keep on that hustle for more muscle.
- Train insane or remain the same — your choice.
- Strength comes from doing things you thought you couldn’t.
- If you have a body, you are an athlete.
- “I/we help ______ to ______ with/without/in/through ______”
- Working on myself, for myself, by myself.
- High standards and low squats.
- If you have time for Instagram, you have time for exercise.
- Sore today, strong tomorrow.
- I don’t sweat, I sparkle.
- Keeping you on that grind, 24/7
- Looking for motivation and inspiration on your fitness journey? You’ve come to the right place.
- It’s time to make a change for the better. Let us help.
- You’ve got goals. We’re here to make sure you achieve them
- A positive, uplifting space to share your fitness journey with others on the road to a healthier lifestyle.
- You’ve only got one body – keep it clean.
- A healthy body starts with a healthy mindset – let’s stay positive together!
- You’re not in this alone…Let us join you on your journey to a healthier, happier lifestyle.
- Fitness is a lifestyle, and we’re a community.
- Down XXX pounds with a healthy lifestyle.
- Changing lives through movement and mobility.
- “Eat to live, not live to eat.” – Socrates
- Eating healthy can be delicious and easy. Meal prep videos every week!
Instagram Bio Ideas for Sports
While fitness is connected with sports, sports is more competitive in nature and may involve athletes, teams, and even news centers. Here are your go-to ideas for creating a sports bio on Instagram.
- “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
- “Practice like you’ve never won. Play like you’ve never lost.” – Michael Jordan
- “You’re never a loser until you quit trying” -Mike Ditka
- Everyone champion was once a contender that refused to give up
- Start Unknown. Finish Unforgettable.
- Be a game changer – the world has enough followers.
- Do or do not. There is no try. -Yoda
- If you can believe it, the mind can achieve it.
- If you can’t outplay them, outwork them.
- We don’t have an attitude… we’re just THAT good.
- Where sports meets culture.
- All out. All game. All season.
- One team. One dream.
- Life is tough but so am I.
- The huddle is real.
- Hustle, hit, never quit.
- Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.
- “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
- Information and inspiration for everyday athletes.
- Basketball, football, chasing my kids down the street
- Being an athlete means taking care of yourself. | Physical Therapist/Sports Medicine
- The latest and greatest sports news of ____
- Don’t quit and you can become a champion.
- Fall down nine times, get up ten.
- My best memories are made at practice.
- Life is lived for game day.
- “A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever.” – Mary Lou Retton
- There’s no crying in (sport name).
- Won’t stop til I reach my goals.
- When you can do better, good is never good enough.
- You’re someone else’s example.
- There’s nothing like that feeling before you step out onto the field.
- Talk with your pads. Play with your heart.
- 11 players, one heartbeat.
- Only making snap decision
- “Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play.” – Mike Singletary
- Your headquarters for _____ updates. Catch us live every Monday at noon.
- Inspiration from the greatest across sports
- “If you push me towards a weakness, I will turn that weakness into a strength.” – Michael Jordan
- Sports can change a life. Teamwork. Dedication. Discipline.
- “You were born to be a player. You were meant to be here. This moment is yours.” – Herb Brooks
- _____ Champions.
- You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
- Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.
- It’s not whether you get knocked down… it’s whether you get back up.
- Sports don’t build character. They reveal it.
- Teamwork makes the dream work.
- Attitude is everything.
- Defend to the end.
- Living our life 50 meters (or other sports measurement) at a time.
- One spirit, one team, one win.
- Reach for the sky or don’t even try.
- The grind never stops.
- Stronger than you think.
Travel Instagram Bio Ideas
We sure do love to live vicariously through the stunning photos of Instagram travelers and travel companies, so give your profile a bio that matches your aesthetic and your love for traveling the world or creating memorable experiences.
- Let’s travel together!
- We help you travel internationally at domestic prices and domestically with international flair.
- Our team of travel agents is here to make your travel dreams reality!
- Inspiring millions to travel since (year)
- Following us may cause a moderate to severe case of wanderlust. Sorry, not sorry.
- The world is a book and those who don’t travel read only one page.
- Here to help you flesh out your travel bucket list.
- The Earth is what we all have in common.
- We travel not to escape life, but so life doesn’t escape us.
- Oh, the places you’ll go!
- Helping you get lost in the right direction.
- To travel is to live.
- It’s not where you go — it’s who you travel with. Traveling with you since (year)
- Life is short, the world is wide.
- Travel far enough and you’ll meet yourself.
- Don’t listen to what they say. Go/come see for yourself.
- Traveling leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.
- Adventure is always worthwhile.
- The world is yours to explore.
- Live your life by a compass, not a clock.
- Living my best life…out of my suitcase.
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. That’s why I travel.
- I’ve always got a bag packed.
- Constantly checking for cheap flights.
- Checking the countries off my list! # /195
- I only spend money on flights and AirBnBs!
- Professional jet-lag fighter.
- My favorite place I’ve ever visited is (place name).
- Always dreaming of (place or activity)
- Wishing I was (doing activity / in a place)!
- You can find me wandering the streets of (place name)!
- “Don’t worry about the world ending today, it’s already tomorrow in Australia.” – Charles M. Schulz
- Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer!
- Travel buddies for life ❤️
- Age is no barrier when it comes to travel.
- Your one stop shop for all things travel.
- Follow along, let’s travel the world together.
- My best stories are found within the pages of my passport
- I haven’t been there yet but it’s on my list
- ✨ wanderlust✨ a strong desire to travel
- Work hard, travel harder
- Wonder less, Wander more.
- Always Ready for take off!
- If I can travel on my own, why can’t you?
- There is a lot more in this world than your 9 to 5 job.
- The secret of a happy life is to own a little, see a lot.
- Where to next?
- Life is too short to stay in one place, so BRB.
- On vacation, be back soon.
- In a committed relationship with my passport.
- It’s wine o’clock somewhere, so wheels up.
- Onto the next destination.
- Connecting people and places since (year)
Good Instagram Bios for Music and Media
- Music is life itself.
- Where words fail, music speaks.
- Life’s a song.
- Without music, life would Bb.
- A day without music is like… just kidding, we have no idea.
- Shhh, my favorite song is playing.
- Download our new music streaming app today.
- Your music, your stations.
- Unlimited access to (number of) songs
- The world’s leading music company.
- Music for everyone.
- Creating musical moments that matter.
- If the music is too loud, you’re too old.
- Serving up the hits since (year).
- Music makes the world spin.
- There’s something about a song that can take you back in time.
- Playing your favorite hits all day long.
- Headphones in, eyes closed, stress gone.
- All it takes is a little music to make everything right with the world.
- Music is a piece of art that goes in the ears and straight to the heart.
- Life is a beautiful melody, but the words are a little different every day.
- Always ready for a good concert, great friends and cold drinks.
- When music hits you, you don’t feel pain.
- Life’s a dance floor and love is the rhythm.
- Dance like no one is watching and sing like no one is listening.
- Music is the soul of the universe.
- Our newest release is now available for preorder. Check it out!
- “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” ― Bob Marley
- The constant stream of music news that you need in your life
- If music is what fuels your soul, you’ve come to the right place.
- A collaborative space for artists and musicians. Want to be featured? Send us a DM!
- Let the music move you…
- “Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.” ― Maria Augusta von Trapp
- available (date/time)
- coming to a city near you
- Record Label/Awards/List Achievements
- New music on Spotify now! Sharing our favorite behind-the-scenes every week.
- “To live is to be musical, starting with the blood dancing in your veins. Everything living has a rhythm. Do you feel your music?” ― Michael Jackson
- Your go-to authority for all the pop culture updates you could need. Live everyday at 2.
- Highlighting a new artist every day, mixing genres, crossing lines
- Making music. Teaching others. Living in the rhythm.
- Putting my soul to words through music. Follow the journey.
- Let the music fill your bones and the rhythm fill your soul.
- Don’t stop dancing— ever.
- I’m sorry, I can’t hear you, my stereo is on full blast.
- Listening to something more interesting than you.
- Listening to music is the only good habit that I have.
- Rocking and rolling.
- Sometimes hearing the music is just the best way to ignore the world.
- Tuning out the world…
- All it takes is one song to bring back 1000 memories.
- Music = Memories.
- Rocking and rolling.
Good Instagram Bios for Food
There are some seriously delicious Instagram food accounts that make our mouths water. Get your bio doing the same! Here are our favorite food Instagram bio ideas.
- Come for the burger, stay for the fries
- Food is always more satisfying after a day’s hard work.
- I love you to the fridge and back.
- Pork-fection on a plate
- Come on, hog it out
- You’re one in a melon.
- This might sound cheesy, but we think you’re really grate.
- In a serious relation-chip.
- It’s slice to meet you.
- Love you, pho real.
- You’re totally our jam.
- Love at first bite.
- It’s food o’clock.
- Calories don’t count on the weekends.
- Sweet, salty, and everything in between
- Take a trip with us to Foodie Heaven
- Recipe ideas, culinary inspo and all sorts of tips and tricks for your own kitchen
- Providing you with a steady diet of food videos and recipes
- Caution: this account may make your mouth water
- Wish I was a hobbit: I love my second breakfast.
- Your destination for Thai-inspired recipes
- The complete guide to eating and drinking your way through
- Cooking my way through the (type of) diet
- Simple recipes with 5 ingredients or less. Ready-to-eat in 30 minutes!
- Reviews and recommendations of where to eat across America
- Eating mindfully can be as easy as 1-2-3. Guiding you to think before you chew.
- What a (enter profession or personality) eats in a day. Plenty of (food type). Occasionally (food type).
- Food designed to inspire you to cook. And maybe make your mouth water.
- recipes anyone will love! Yes, even your picky eaters.
- Special talents including licking every plate clean.
- Pass the menu please.
- Your resident foodie.
- Perfect Fuel.
- Good Food, Good Mood.
- Bliss on a plate.
- Healthy + delicious.
- Our famous (food).
- FOOD GOALS
- Food…. glorious food.
- Ain’t no fun if you can have just one!
- When life throws you a burger, eat it.
- Burger on the brain.
Education Instagram Bio Ideas
There’s always something to learn in life, so whether you’re an educator, school, instructor, or educational content creator, here are some goodies for your Instagram education bio.
- Trusted by parents and teachers since (year)
- Education is power.
- Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world.
- Education is all a matter of building bridges.
- Education: a gift that no one can take away.
- School is the path, not the point.
- Teaching is all about assisting discovery.
- Study well, work hard and the rest will follow
- If you want to change the world, start by broadening your mind
- Pain is temporary, degrees are forever
- Helping students to achieve the next big thing
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there
- Henry Ford: Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently
- Challenges are what make life interesting, overcoming them makes life meaningful: Joshua J. Marine.
- Every challenge encountered is an opportunity for growth.
- Your future starts here.
- It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.
- The Instagram home for students.
- Education is like a bicycle: If you don’t pedal, you don’t go forward.
- It’s never too late to start learning something new!
- Finally ready to take the leap? Let us guide you through the world of (subject or hobby)!
- You’ve thought about it long enough. Now is the time. You’re ready to learn. Let us help!
- Your one-stop shop for all things (subject).
- Teaching about (something) to improve their lives.
- Learning isn’t only for children. When’s the last time you learned something new?
- Bringing learning to the smartphone. We go live every Wednesday at 9am!
- “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” – Albert Einstein
- Looking to learn a new skill? Bite-size learning below ⬇️
- Who says you don’t have time to learn? Teaching in five minutes or less.
- Everyone should know how to (verb). That’s why we’re here to help.
- I spent 15 years teaching at , but now I want to help you. Learn every day.
- Learning without homework. A dream or what you’ll find here?
- Teaching and coaching the next generation of (students)
- Learning never needs to end.
- The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.
- Change is the end result of all true learning.
- Want to jumpstart your education? Click the link below!
- BRB. Working on the next big thing.
- Carpe Diem, seize the day!
- Work smarter, not harder.
- Your GPA is REALLY telling you to ‘G’et a ‘P’ersonal ‘A’ssistant.
- Messy bun and getting stuff done.
- End of an era.
- Believe in yourselves. Dream. Try. Do good. — Boy Meets World
- Out of college, money spent. See no future, pay no rent. All the money’s gone, nowhere to go. – The Beatles
- This is the beginning of anything you want.
- Hey Google, why don’t you sit next to me during my exam?
- Inspiring students to be fearless learners for life.
- Here to celebrate the ideas of teachers and students around the world.
- Because learning changes everything.
- Providing learning activities to help champion their potential.
- Inspiration and information about what works in education.
Instagram Bio Ideas for Photography
Instagram is based around photography, but some people are professionals and take it to the next level. Here are some ways to express your passion for photography in your Instagram bio.
- “In photography there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality.” — Alfred Stieglitz
- “The best thing about a picture is that it never changes, even when the people in it do.” — Andy Warhol
- Welcome to my photo library in tiny squares. DM for inquiries!
- Cinematic & portrait photographer.
- Southeast Wedding Photographer.
- Photographer | HI-Cali | Events | Travel | Portraits
- Do you see what I see?
- Documenting my life and the things I love to see.
- Passionate about capturing all of life’s important occasions.
- Making photography easy. How to take pictures with an iPhone.
- Photos around the world: my visual travel diary.
- Wedding Photographer | Local + Destination Wedding.
- Your neighborhood photographer, specializing in (type of photography).
- Photographer and biz educator based in (location).
- Wedding photographer based in (location) or wherever your special day is happening.
- Traveling elopement and wedding photographer — now taking inquires through DM’s
- Seeing the world through my own lens.
- I don’t trust words, I trust pictures – Giles Peress
- Capturing amazing experiences one snap at a time.
- Photography is the story I fail to put into words – Destin Sparks
- Photos from around the globe: My photography diary.
- My camera – your event: Let’s make it happen.
- Extraordinaire since (year).
- Exposing reality one picture at a time.
- When I have a camera in my hand, I know no fear.
- Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second – Marc Riboud
- Immortalizing moments with my camera.
- A picture never changes, even when the people in it do – Andy Warhol
- Me and my camera: a journey around the world.
- The story of a (profession or personality) and their camera.
- Your tour guide for stunning spots in (location).
- Your world through my lens.
- Preserving amazing moments forever.
- Photography is life illuminated.
- Photograph: A picture painted by the sun – Ambrose in art
- Photography is truth – Jean-Luc Godard
- Photographer, artist, and creative mind.
- Your friendly neighborhood photographer.
- Want to appear in one of my photos? Get in touch.
- Seeing the world through my own lens.
- My camera = your window to the world.
- My life through pictures.
- Models, nature and pets, oh my! Want your camerawork to be featured? Shoot us a DM!
- Capturing glimpses of life’s best moments.
- Getting into focus with the finest ______
- See it like my lens does.
- Let me document your special moments.
- Focusing on things that make me happy. Showing them to you along the way.
- Experimenting with an iPhone, a tripod and a self-timer
- | Started in 2016 | Your biggest fan.
- Showcasing memories, love and joy through photography
- Nature photographer for the love of preservation.
- Making photography easy. How to take pictures with an iPhone.
- Photos around the world: my visual travel diary
The Best Instagram Bio Puns (All Niches)
Everybody loves a good laugh on social media, so if you can make it work with your niche, let’s see it! Here are some punny Instagram bio ideas.
- I’ll always be ~leaf~ in you.
- I love bad puns. That’s how eye roll.
- My puns are koala-tea.
- I could never be a doctor. I don’t have enough patients.
- I love you cherry much!
- Waking up in the morning is always an eye-opening experience.
- Math doesn’t intimidate me. It’s as easy as pi.
- I lost my mood ring the other day, but I don’t know how to feel about that.
- I was wondering why the ball was getting bigger and bigger. Then it hit me.
- It’s hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.
- What do you call a bee that can’t make up its mind? A maybe.
- If everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
- What are the strongest days of the week? Saturday and Sunday, the rest are weekdays.
- Sleeping comes so naturally to me, I could do it with my eyes closed.
- I used to be indecisive; now I’m not so sure.
- I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. It’s impossible to put down!
- Coffee has a rough time in my house. It gets mugged every single morning!
- That baseball player was such a bad sport. He stole third base and then just went home!
- I’ve started sleeping in our fireplace. Now I sleep like a log!
- Cactus puns are simply succulent.
- Did you hear about the guy who got hit in the head with a can of soda? He was lucky it was a soft drink!
- Three conspiracy theorists walk into a bar…You can’t tell me that’s just a coincidence!
- Always remember to romaine calm!
- Writing with a dull pencil is pointless.
- Don’t be a salty beach.
- Never wasting thyme.
- Nothing makes me as happy as pi
- Orange you glad you’re following me!?
- You’re kale-in’ me!
- PIC-me-ups to brighten your day!
- You shamrock my world!
- You can find me at the barre.
- Life is gouda.
- All I need is carbs.
- We are mint to be.
- Life keeps giving me lemons. LIME tired of it!
- We make quite a pear!
- Owl always give a hoot about you.
- Ready to wine down for the evening.
- Architects are good at coming up with a concrete plan.
- How much does a hipster weigh? An Insta-gram.
- Puns leaf me smiling.
- Trying to stay pawsitive.
- I like to stop and smell the rosé.
- I’m one in a melon.
- Oh kale yeah
- Tropic like it’s hot.
- The snuggle is real.
- I love to take time to wine down.
- Let’s taco bout it.
- Have a tea-rrific day!
- I’d tell you my pizza joke, but it’s too cheesy.
- Bearly awake and always in need of hibernation.
Short and Catchy Instagram Bio Ideas
Nothing like keeping things short and sweet, so here are some ideas to help you do just that in your Instagram bio.
- This is my life
- I got nothing
- Screw perfect.
- Happy thoughts
- Just smiles 🙂
- Meet (name)
- Stressed, blessed and coffee obsessed.
- Rebel with a cause
- Nobody does it better
- Thinking of you
- Oldie but a goodie
- Dream big
- Making history
- Stay classy
- Never say never
- Just living life
- Happy stalking!
- Enjoy 2% of my life.
- Welcome to the journey.
- Congrats, you found me!
- So far, so good.
- Keeping it real.
- Searching for a coffee IV.
- Obsessed with the sunshine.
- Here for today
- New goals each day
- Rent’s due
- Sun, snuggles and slippers
- Iced coffee is all I need.
- Life is short, so be happy
- Just living life
- Happy, happy, happy
- Welcome to my world
- Here for a good time
- Never a dull moment
- Smiling makes everything better
- Life is like a roller coaster, so strap in and enjoy the ride
- Live life to the fullest
- Make each day matter
- Everyday magic
- Young, wild and free
- Born to ____
- Too blessed to be stressed
- It doesn’t get better than this.
- Hello, it’s me
- Instagramming like it’s my job.
- This is me
- Follow me
- Welcome to my Instagram
- Check out the link below
Inspirational Instagram Bio Ideas
- Never let the size of your dreams scare you.
- Prove everyone wrong.
- Trust the timing of your life.
- Impossible is for the unwilling.
- The best revenge is massive success.
- Eat, sleep, create.
- Fill your life with experiences so you always have a great story to tell.
- I strive to impress myself.
- Everyday I create a life I love
- When the world is dark look up to the stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Trying to watch more sunsets than Netflix
- I’m ready – let’s do this
- Be a flamingo in the flock of pigeons
- Making mistakes is better than faking perfection
- Sprinkling a bit of magic
- Sharing my happy thoughts
- Capture every moment
- Don’t give your past the power to define your future
- Be the change you want to see in the world
- Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened
- Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out
- What you do today can improve all your tomorrows
- Your only limit is your mind.
- No pressure, no diamonds.
- Die with memories, not dreams.
- You can totally do this.
- You’re always one decision away from a totally different life
- Make each day your masterpiece.
- Prove them wrong.
- Add a little confetti to every day.
- Focus on the good.
- You can, if you think you can.
- I’m the rainbow 🌈 on the rainy day 🌧️
- Act as if what you do makes a difference, because it does.
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
- Surrounding myself with people who are going to lift me higher
- “Self-esteem means knowing you are the dream.” — Oprah Winfrey
- Success only comes to those who dare to attempt.
- Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, “I’m possible!”
- Stay positive, work hard, make it happen.
- Great things take time. Don’t give up.
- Life is tough but so are you.
- Pain was made for you to overcome it.
- The man on top of the mountain wasn’t born there.
- Don’t let yesterday ruin today.
- Be someone else’s reason to smile.
- Rise above it!
- Light the flame but don’t get burned.
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
- If it rains, look for rainbows. If it’s dark, look for stars.
- If you feel like you’ve been buried, maybe you’ve been planted. Bloom.
- Sometimes you just have to suck it up and handle it.
- It’s easy to get caught in the waves, but there’s always someone to pull you to shore.
- Never be too busy to see the sunrise.
- If you’re up a tree, enjoy the view.
Funny Instagram Bio Ideas
Like puns, funny jokes make people happy— make people happy with a funny Instagram bio. Here are some ideas.
- I like to keep my six-pack well insulated!
- When in doubt, filter that sh** out!
- I wish common sense was common.
- Namast’ay on Instagram all day.
- I apologize for anything I post while hungry
- Humble, with just a hint of Kanye
- I’d rather steal your dessert than your boyfriend
- Sassy, classy with a touch of badassy
- One day, I hope to become a grown up
- Relationship status: Netflix and ice cream
- The bags under my eyes are Chanel
- Instagram bio currently loading
- I’m a social media guru. No, really, I am.
- Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
- Reality called. I hung up.
- The first five days of the weekend are always the toughest
- A selfie a day keeps mental breakdowns away
- If there was an award for laziness, I’d send someone to pick it up for me
- When nothing is going right, go left.
- Bus stations are where busses stop, train stations are where trains stop, my desk is a workstation…
- Cartoonist found dead at home. Details remain sketchy
- Panic, disorder, chaos: my work here is done
- I might look like I’m doing nothing, but in my head I’m terribly busy
- Dreaming of a 6-month vacation, twice a year
- I think I’m having an allergic reaction to the universe
- I’m not lazy I’m just in energy-saving mode
- I’m so poor, I can’t even pay attention in class
- Living proof that nobody’s perfect
- Love might be blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener
- Money talks: mine is always saying “goodbye”.
- Recovering selfie addict: It’s not going well
- I’m on the road to success, but it’s under construction
- Where am I and how did I get here?
- I used to think I was indecisive, but now I’m not so sure
- Home is where the Wi-Fi always connects
- Instagram bio currently loading
- Gifted gossiper, napper, and ice-cream eater
- Don’t worry if plan A fails, there are 25 other letters in the alphabet
- A lie is just a great story ruined by truth
- I only party on two occasions, when it’s my birthday, and when it isn’t.
- Do unto others…then split!
- I’m brilliant – just ask me!
- Of course I talk to myself – I need some expert advice.
- My wallet is like an onion – opening it makes me cry.
- Never ask a starfish for directions.
- Never trust a skinny cook!
- When in doubt, mumble.
- You’re bacon me crazy.
- If life gives you lemons, return them!
- If you can’t laugh at your own problems…give me a call – I’ll laugh at them!
- I’m glad I don’t have to hunt for my food. I don’t even know where pizza lives!
- I’m so stressed that even my hair hurts.
- I brainstormed so hard I got struck by lightning.
- It’s not sarcasm, I just don’t like you.
Quotes for Instagram Bio
Everyone needs some motivation or wisdom now and then, so why not give it to them via Instagram bio? Here are some tips to bring some wise words to IG.
- Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. — Oscar Wilde
- This above all else: To thine own self be true. — William Shakespeare
- If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. — Milton Berle
- A journey of a thousand leagues begins beneath one’s feet. — Lao Tzu
- Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see. — Confucius
- It is never too late to be what you might have been. — George Eliot
- To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. — Oscar Wilde
- The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. — Franklin D. Roosevelt
- If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. – Dolly Parton
- You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. – Maya Angelou
- The purpose of our lives is to be happy. – Dalai Lama
- You are enough, just as you are. – Meghan Markle
- It’s okay to struggle. It’s not okay to give up. – Gabe Grunewald
- Make each day your masterpiece. – John Wooden
- If you can dance and be free and not be embarrassed, you can rule the world. – Amy Poehler
- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. – Suzy Kassem
- The best way to predict the future is to create it. – Peter Drucker
- “Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” – Dennis P. Kimbro
- “You may find the worst enemy or best friend in yourself.” – English Proverb
- “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” – Jack Canfield
- “Speak less than you know; have more than you show.” – William Shakespeare
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.” – Helen Keller
- “Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.” – Beyoncé Knowles Carter
- “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – Dolly Parton
- “Done is better than perfect.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “A good compromise is one where everybody makes a contribution.” – Angela Merkel
- “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.” – Arianna Huffington
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “No matter what you’re going through, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.” – Demi Lovato
- Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision.
- If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.
- I would rather die of passion than of boredom. – Vincent van Gogh
- This above all: to thine own self be true. – William Shakespeare
- Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else. — Fred Rogers
- Stay hungry, stay foolish. — Steve Jobs
- The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus. — Bruce Lee
- A great man is always willing to be little. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different. — Coco Chanel
- Be like water. — Bruce Lee
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. — Nelson Mandela
- Spread love everywhere you go. — Mother Teresa
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. — Eleanor Roosevelt
- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. — Aristotle
- Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game. — Babe Ruth
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. — Helen Keller
- Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right. — Henry Ford
- Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. — George Bernard Shaw
- You only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough. — Mae West
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. — Mahatma Gandhi
- Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. — Bernard M. Baruch
Instagram Bios with Emojis
Emojis bring out instant emotions, so use them to your advantage! Here are some ideas on how to use emojis in your Instagram bio. Feel free to sub out the emojis to make them relevant to your profile, of course!
- Be🍁 ing in myself.
- My life with the 🐶 🐕
- You know I’m a 🌟
- 👇 Check out my life👇
- 🐦: (twitter handle) 👻: (Snapchat handle) 🎥: (youtube handle)
- 📷 Selfieholic
- Finding paradise wherever I go 🏝
- One life, one 🌎: Let’s explore it
- 🏋️ Never skip leg day 🏋️♀️
- Life is better by the shore 🌴
- ❤️ Loving life ❤️
- 👑 Never drop your crown, queen 👑
- ☀️ You are my sunshine
- When life rains on your parade💧, grab an umbrella ☔️
- 🍩 A donut a day keeps the sadness away 🙂
- 🙁 Turn that frown upside down 🙃
- When life gives you lemons, 🍋 you know what to do 🤓
- 💋 xoxo 💋
- Just roll with it 🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂
- You’re a gem 💎 Never let anyone tell you otherwise 🙅♀️
- 😁 Just keep smiling 😁
- Never forget the beauty of dancing in the rain 🌧🩰
- 🎨 Your life is your own to create – paint it well 🧑🎨
- My life in tiny little squares 📸
- When in doubt, dance it out 🕺
- Welcome to my exciting life on the gram 💥
- Welcome to my 👑dom
- 👇 Check out my latest blog post 👇
- 🐦: (twitter handle) 👻: (snapchat handle) 🎥: (youtube handle)
- Traveller ✈️ Book Lover 📖 Obsessed with tacos 🌮
- We love all animals 🐶 and donate a percentage of sales to marine life 🐠
- Cancer survivor 🎗️
- Personal Trainer 💪 Dancer 💃 Meditator 🧘
- Currently hanging out in (flag emoji)
- ❤️ Lover not a fighter spreading ✌️all over the 🌎
- Entrepreneur ➕ Globetrotter ➕ Motivational Speaker
- Hit the follow button for all the ☕️ you can imagine.
- In my head I’m at the 🏖
- Aloha 🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴
- Sweet like honey 🍯, sting like a bee 🐝
- Life is short. Eat the ice cream 🍦
- Life’s a 🏝 Good thing I make a mean pina colada.
- 👇 FLASH SALE THIS WEEKEND ONLY – 50% 👇
- Free shipping worldwide 🌎
- We could all use a little more sparkle in life ✨
- In desperate need of a dose of vitamin sea 🌊
- 🍟 foodie+moody 😄
- 📷 Like Photography✔ 🍬 Chocolate Lover ✔
- 💯 Official account 🔐
- No Money 📂, No Car 🚙, But I’m Still Happy 😊
- L💖 VE is in the air
- Laugh while you have teeth 😀
- Saving trees by not doing my homework ✏️📚📖
- Recovering cake addict 🎂
Instagram Bios for Men
This one’s for the boys! If you are a man looking for an interesting IG bio, we’ve got you covered. Here are some great starting points.
- I’m a great wedding date.
- Who’s ready to get some wings?
- Current reigning beer pong champ.
- Graduate of (school), forever a (mascot).
- Avid gamer, but I can also hold a complete conversation.
- Living vicariously through myself.
- I’m unique, just like everyone else around here.
- Living life on my own terms.
- Responsibilities kill the fun of adulthood.
- Don’t care what they think. They don’t know what it means to you.
- Hi, my hobbies include breakfast, second breakfast, lunch, semi-lunch and dinner.
- The extra mile is never crowded.
- My blood is 80% coffee.
- I whisper to my WiFi, “be strong.”
- Single and ready to get nervous as soon as I find someone attractive.
- Live to lift. Lift to live.
- Pizza. Beer. Sports.
- Currently eating. Waiting for the game to start.
- You can find me at (place).
- I answer to no one but my (person).
- I work to travel. Next up: (destination).
- Monday-Friday: in the office, Saturday-Sunday: hitting the trails
- Two wheels and the open road
- I’m just here to raise hell
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky – Michael Scott”
- Work hard. Play hard.
- I’ll love you if you make me a sandwich.
- When in doubt, call the boys.
- It’s boys night, every night.
- To infinity and beyond 🚀
- The road to success is always under construction.
- at, sleep, regret, repeat.
- I’m here to avoid friends on Facebook.
- Probably the best meat eater in the world.
- Just another papercut survivor.
- A nomad in search of the perfect burger.
- Professional procrastinator.
- I’m not a player, I’m the game.
- People call me “Mike, but you can call me tonight 😉
- Instagram bio is loading…
- Bro codes last forever
- Hold my beer and watch this.
- Saturdays are for the boys.
- You can find me on the field.
- Music. Craft Beer. Video games.
- Forget making Dad jokes, I’m just waiting for my World War II phase to kick in.
- Always ready for the weekend.
- Here for a good time, not a long time.
- I’m full of Vine references if you’d like a good laugh.
- Business in the front. Party in the back.
- Men cry too.
- Father. Friend. (insert profession).
- Freedom is riding my motorcycle.
- Run free.
Instagram Bios for Women
Alright ladies, we didn’t forget about you! Here are some go-to ideas for women bios on Instagram.
- Don’t talk to me until coffee.
- Blessed and beautiful.
- Catch me at the (place).
- Keeping my head, heels and spirits high.
- I don’t need a crown to be royal.
- Be your own kind of beautiful
- Single, focused, blessed. Living life.
- My standards are high, just like my heels.
- A messy bun and having fun.
- Voice of the wild within every woman
- Sassy, classy, and bad-assy.
- Working on my path to self love. Then I’ll figure out the rest.
- One bad day doesn’t mean it’s a bad life.
- I’m fluent in gossip and sarcasm.
- I’m the hero of my own story. There’s no need for you to save me.
- Join me on my journey of self-discovery.
- I’d rather beg forgiveness than ask permission.
- I gave up trying to make people happy when I realized I wasn’t a jar of Nutella.
- I’m like the Target-exclusive deluxe edition— Get me while you can.
- Enjoying my lifetime supply of free trips around the sun.
- Currently planning my next vacation.
- Stress doesn’t match my outfit of the day.
- I’m always up for a new adventure.
- Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.
- Leave a little sparkle everywhere you go.
- Just like my eyeliner, I always wing it.
- If you need a brunch buddy, I’m always down.
- Turned my dreams into vision and vision into reality.
- In a world full of worriers, always be a warrior.
- Your life won’t get better by chance. It will get better by change.
- Humble with a hint of Kanye.
- My favorite hobbies include eating, talking and napping.
- But first, coffee.
- I’m sunshine mixed with a little hurricane.
- Britney made it through 2007, you can make it through this.
- Thank God I take better care of my children than I do plants!
- Life is short, and so am I!
- Chocolate: it’s not an option.
- Strong and Powerful.
- Coffee until happy hour.
- Family first.
- We are all goddesses.
- Life is made in the details.
- All bodies are beautiful.
- Don’t talk to me until coffee.
- Woman— without her, man is nothing.
- Stronger than you think I am.
- Fabulous ends in “us.” That can’t possibly be a coincidence.
- Bad news: time flies. Good news: you’re the pilot.
- In a world where you could have anything, be a giver first.
- I’ve got a cup of ambition and a heart of gold.
- Over here doing my part to run the world.
- Never give less than 100%…unless you’re giving blood.
- Sweet as sugar, tough as nails.
Instagram Bio Ideas for Pet Accounts
Our furry friends are some of the most loved on Instagram, and if you want to give your pet a competitive advantage too, check out some of our fun pet Instagram bios!
- Hi, I’m ________ and my hobbies include taking long walks in the neighborhood, eating everything I can get my paws on, and getting into trouble 😊
- The life of a cat is simple…all I do is take naps and get whatever I want
- When you’re this cute, you just can’t help your tail from wagging! (But why would you want to?!)
- Welcome to my life of belly rubs and adventures to the park!
- Animals are the most agreeable of all friends any day! They have no criticism!
- What the pug?
- I shih tzu not.
- My therapist has four legs and a tail.
- “Sometimes, your pet picks you.” –Julie Wenzel
- Who says pets aren’t part of the family?
- Giving my cat the platform she deserves.
- The only person who understands me is my dog.
- I’d rather be hanging out with my dog.
- Every dog must have his day.
- I work hard so my dog/cat can have a better life.
- Warning: Cuteness overload ahead.
- Sharing the paw-fection with the world.
- Hit that follow button and join the pawty!
- Don’t stop retrievin’.
- What’s up, dog?
- Stop trying to make fetch happen. — Mean Girls
- Life is ruff when you’re this cute.
- The road to my heart is paved with paw prints.
- Pass the Milk-Bones, please.
- Bad to the bone 🐶 🐕
- Life can be ruff, but I make the most of it.
- I live for the appaws
- Thanks fur the memories
- And they called it puppy love…
- The purrfect Instagram influencer
- I labrador spending time with you
- Proving that anything is pawsible
- Likes: Long walks on the beach, playing fetch
- You must be my backyard because I dig you
- Hard-working dog for two adorable humans
- The puggle is real
- All you need is love, Instagram, and a cat
- Who said influencers had to be human?
- The number one pupper in #
- Just find me an open sunbeam and I’ll be happy…Piles of clean clothes also do the trick for nap-time
- Don’t bother following if you don’t like playing fetch and having snacks!
- Everyone calls me Buddy.
- Will wag my tail for treats.
- Walk it like I talk it 🐶
- I am the mother to a kitten and two pups, and trust me when I tell you that being their mother gives me more joy than I could have anticipated!#petlover.
- PAWsitively the cutest _________ in all of _________
- The fluffy life of _________
- Tail: wagging Fur: fluffy Face: cute
- Wagging my way through life
- Did someone say TREAT?!
- Just living a simple life of treats, walks, and naps
- Eat, sleep, purr, repeat
- Is it yappy hour yet?
- Currently dreaming of walks and treats…
Creative Instagram Bio Ideas
If you want to show your creative side and set yourself apart, here are a few ideas to get those juices flowing.
- Currently saying yes to new adventures
- It’s hard to find someone who’s smart, funny, adorable and a total badass. My only advice for you is, don’t forget to follow me.
- In a world of average, I’m savage.
- Be young. Be dope. Run the show.
- Please cancel my subscription to your issues.
- I’m out here hustling to claim what’s mine.
- Believing in yourself is the first secret to success.
- I only use Instagram to stalk.
- The bags under my eyes? They’re Louis Vitton.
- Smile – I love you. Yes, you.
- Hi. Hello. Hola. Ola. Bonjour. Ciao. Guten Tag. Namaste. Salaam.
- I regret nothing. Well, almost nothing.
- I know I’m awesome, and so are you.
- I’m a fan of making mistakes rather than faking perfection.
- Scratch here to reveal my bio.
- Don’t be so quick to judge me. You only see what I chose to show you.
- We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police.
- Making (Insta) story.
- I’m not the jealous type, but what’s mine is MINE.
- Who else are you going to follow? Really!
- Stay a mystery, it attracts more curious people.
- Don’t try to change me.
- Good girl with a good playlist.
- You’re just jealous cuz I got swag.
- Living vicariously through myself.
- Status update: currently
- Toss kindness like confetti.
- Just another wannabe influencer building the dream.
- Just out here turning my dreams into reality.
- Any ideas for a good Instagram bio?
- I’m not perfect, but stories are always better with a touch of imperfection.
- Glitter is always an option.
- Live life being anything but predictable.
- Push will get a person almost anywhere…except through a door marked “pull.”
- Moving from succeeding to exceeding.
- Laughter makes everything better.
- If the grass really is greener somewhere else, turn on your sprinkler.
- If you think I look confused, I probably am.
- If all the world’s a stage, I want the lead role.
- I don’t need to measure success: I’m already past it.
- If you’re feeling blue, grab a can of paint!
- Let positivity energize you!
- There’s always time for ______.
- No matter where you go, there you are!
- Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right!
- Trust your gut, you’re either hungry or right!
- To handle yourself, use your head. To handle others, use your heart.
- The risk I took was calculated, but wow, I’m really bad at math.
- I need a six-month holiday, twice a year.
- I make money in my sleep 🛌
- It took me __ years to look like this.
Cute Instagram Bio Ideas
If you want a cute Instagram bio to get people’s attention, we’ve got some sweet ideas!
- Sprinkling a little love wherever I go
- Trying to be a rainbow on a cloudy day
- Bringing a bit of sunshine to your week ☀️
- Sharing happy thoughts and good vibes
- Fabulous ends in “us” – that’s no coincidence!
- Be the sort of person you want to meet
- In dark times, don’t forget to look at the stars
- Don’t ever be afraid to shine!
- Believe in yourself! Or I’ll do it for you!
- Cotton candy, daydreams, and ice cream floats 🍨
- A little glimpse into how I create my own sunshine
- You is kind, you is smart, you is important
- God bless this mess
- Hi, my hobbies are breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Chocolate understands, chocolate doesn’t ask questions
- Be your own kind of beautiful
- Like flowers, we all have seasons to blossom
- I collect smile and share them with others 😊
- In a world where you can be anything, be kind
- Looking for inspiration and working to give some back
- Single and ready to be nervous around anyone I find attractive
- Just a cupcake looking for their stud muffin
- Don’t quit the daydream
- I smile because of you.
- You are my happiness.
- It’s a good day to have a good day.
- Be the good in the world.
- Every journey begins with a single step.
- “If you can dream it you can do it.” – Walt Disney
- Add a little sparkle to your everyday life.
- Rainbows add color to life, and so do you.
- I don’t mind the journey: at the end of the rainbow is you.
- Everything worth knowing I learned from my ____.
- Life is better with my ___.
- Make time to enjoy the simple things in life.
- If ______ had a face, it would be yours.
- Find a little joy in each day.
- You’re worth more than gold.
- Be yourself, there’s no one better.
- My life is better than my daydreams
- I love my followers more than life itself
- Throwing kindness around like confetti.
- Be a pineapple: Stand up straight, wear a crown and always be sweet on the inside.
- Recommended by 4 out of 5 people who recommend things.
- By the way, I’m wearing the smile you gave me.
- Well, here I am. What are your other two wishes?
- When emotions start pouring…I start typing.
- Let everything go, see what stays back. That’s yours.
- So many of these smiles are because of you
- Grateful to be sharing my world with you
- Live in the sunshine where you belong!
- I hope my pictures make you smile
What is an Instagram Bio?
An Instagram bio is basically the first thing users see when they land on your page; it’s like your short and simple business card so that people know who you are, what you do, and what you’re all about.
It’s said that users only take a few seconds to give your profile a quick glance and decide whether or not to follow you, so having a good Instagram bio is absolutely vital to seeing success in terms of follower growth.
For that reason, it’s imperative that you know how to create a good bio that describes your brand effectively and also gives viewers insight into your company.
When a viewer sees your bio and it’s boring, unprofessional, or lackluster, they’ll potentially navigate away and give you not even a second thought.
There’s no one right way to create an Instagram bio, but there are some general tips that every bio should include no matter what niche or content style you find yourself a part of. That includes:
- An introduction: name, username, and who you are or what your company is
- What you do: basics of your brand, business, or personality
- An idea of who you are: people want to see personality come through in your bio and they want to identify with you on a human level
- An aesthetic: what kind of content do you post and what’s the overall look of your profile?
Because your bio is right in line with your Instagram profile, you have to have a clear and cohesive look that your bio will flow right into.
You are able to edit your Instagram bio via mobile— simply tap the profile picture in the bottom right of the home page to get to your profile.
Once on your profile, click the Edit Profile button. You’ll then have control to adjust your bio, profile picture, and more.
If you’d like to edit via desktop, you can do so by clicking your profile picture and following the same steps.
Why Do You Need a Good Instagram Bio?
There are a few key things that a new viewer will look at when landing on your profile page; they’ll check out:
- Profile pic
- Instagram story highlight covers
- Active story right around your profile picture
- General content aesthetic
Users will typically only view your profile for a few seconds to see what you have to offer them. Because they are going to bounce around to a few different spots, you have to ensure that your bio is catchy and very informative.
This is especially true if they’re navigating back to your bio to check out a link or some contact information; it has to be effective enough to give them the info they need and keep them engaged.
No matter what the purpose of a visit, people will no doubt look at your bio. For that reason, it’s key that your bio is relatable and interesting for your viewers. This goes for business owners using Instagram for marketing purposes, influencers, or even just a typical user of Instagram looking to get more followers.
Let people know who you are and what is important so they can know that from the get go.
Tips for a Good Instagram Bio
There are a few key elements that you have to fine tune in order to have a good Instagram bio. You should:
- Inform people
- Catch people’s attention
- Show your personality
- Be creative
- Add value to your profile
Doing this in a short bio can be a lot of work, and you’ll have to be a bit unique and know your personal brand or style so that you can execute your bio effectively. Here are some tips that can help you do exactly that.
Start With Your Username and Photo
It’s likely that you already have a username and a profile photo, but you have to choose exactly the right ones so that they’re in line with your brand and overall profile aesthetic.
Your username is important because it directly connects you to your brand and informs people what your Instagram account is. You want it to be a true reflection of your brand or personality; keep it concise and not too long or people won’t want to type it in or won’t be able to remember it.
In addition, your profile photo should directly connect to your username and brand/business. If you are an influencer, you should feature a photo that falls in line with your aesthetic. If you are a brand/business, use one that is a professional logo that represents your brand and mixes well with the look of your profile.
If you have other online platforms, you should try to maintain brand consistency by having the same profile picture that can be easily identified and related to your other online content. If you have a YouTube or Facebook, also consider using the same profile photo across all platforms.
The final step when working on your username and photo is to consider the name that appears underneath your profile picture— not your IG handle, but the name in particular. You can include your personal name, just your business name, or any relevant information and/or titles that relate to your account.
For instance, if you’re an accountant, you can put NAME — CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANT with any other relevant title abbreviations next to it.
Instagram Bio Description
This is the main thing that you want to focus on when creating your bio, and it’s going to be the thing that pulls your whole profile together. There are a variety of tones that your bio can have, and you have to ensure that it matches your brand, business, or personality.
Some tones include:
The key element here is to stay in line with your brand image and write something that makes sense for your profile while also driving results and giving your followers the information they need.
In addition, consider using hashtags in your Instagram bio. When you find a natural way to include hashtags in your Instagram bio, your profile will appear when a user searches those hashtags.
You should make sure they are specific to your niche and relate to your target audience so that they’ll be likely to come across your profile when looking.
Does an Instagram bio have a limit? Or can it be as long as you want?
You can only include up to 150 characters in your bio, so it has to be effective and to the point. Use emojis to minimize words or if you want to save space.
If you want to add a personalized look, you can use a different font for your IG bio (more on that later), but be sure that users can actually read it or it will be a turn off and likely result in potential follower loss.
Include a Link
When you have a business or creator profile on Instagram, you can include one link in your Instagram bio. This is the only place on Instagram where you can put a clickable link (other than “swipe up”), so take advantage of it.
This is especially useful for users that have external stores or websites that they want to direct traffic to. It’s worth considering a link in bio too, such as linktr.ee, to help you create a link directory via the one clickable link on Instagram.
This link-in-bio tool is great when you have a variety of websites that you want to link out to, especially if they’re all relevant to your account. Some possible links include:
- E-commerce pages
- Social media profiles
- Causes you support
- Event sign-ups
- Lead generation pages
- Blog posts
This is not a comprehensive list, but take advantage of this— if a user clicks, you want to maximize that action.
You can use analytics through your link-in-bio service to see how your links are performing and which ones are generating the most attention and action.
Add a Call-to-Action
Another key element to any business or influencer bio on Instagram is a call-to-action (CTA). A CTA is any language that directs users to take a specific action on either your profile or content.
You can use things like “check out my new blog post” with an arrow to your web link, “new collection out now!” with an emoji pointing to your store, or any other action you want your users to take.
You could even say “tag #brandedhashtag to be featured on our page!” This is an excellent way to generate interest in your branded hashtag and get people talking about you on Instagram.
They even have CTA buttons that you can employ directly on your IG profile, including:
This allows your followers to have a way to reach you and complete their desired action in a direct way.
Choose a Business Category
When you set your profile to business or creator, you have to select a category for your profile. It may seem arbitrary, but it actually helps Instagram get your profile to relevant users on the platform.
If they’re searching for a particular category of profiles, you can appear in those searches and be seen by users in your target audience. You can also display your category on your profile, so it can be a good idea to select the best one for your profile.
Choosing a business category helps to reflect the purpose of your account without taking away characters from your Instagram bio and can get you noticed by more people without doing anything extra on your end.
Edit Instagram Story Highlight Album Covers
Another important component of your Instagram profile is your Instagram story highlights and their respective covers.
You may have seen on various Instagram profiles that there are a bunch of circular albums under their bio. This is where you can pin archived stories to your Instagram profile so that users can view them.
Using IG story highlights is a great way to share additional and important information with users in a visual way. Categorize your stories so that users can find the information they want to see easily and so that they know what they’re going to see in the album.
The only way to get content here is to post it on Instagram stories; you can later create or add it to an existing Instagram story highlight album.
Once you have created content and story highlights, you should ensure that all of the IG story highlight cover photos align with your overall profile look. This allows you to look professional and organized.
Consider using a tool such as Canva to help you design the perfect Instagram story highlight album cover. Select or create something that reflects your brand; there are many, many possibilities and doing a quick search of profiles in your niche can give you some inspiration.
Instagram Bio Fonts
Most people never even consider fonts when creating their Instagram bios, but it can be a great way to set yourself apart and give your profile bio some personality.
People always use emojis, branded hashtags, or link-in-bio to grab attention, but fonts can do that very effectively and also give a whole new energy to your profile.
Fonts will help you to stand out from other accounts in your niche and also show that you have thought carefully about your Instagram and want to put your best foot forward. You don’t want to be just like the other 1 billion Instagram users out there.
While fonts can effectively capture the attention of your audience, you want to ensure they don’t hinder the readability of your bio. It can have an extremely negative impact if your profile viewers can’t read the text, or if it looks childish, unprofessional, or totally out of line with your brand image.
Fonts can be a great option if you use them the right way, so think about how you can implement them without overwhelming or distracting your audience.
How to Find Fonts for Instagram
Fonts aren’t available directly through the Instagram app, so you’ll have to use a font generation tool for Instagram.
The good news is that there are tons to choose from, and there isn’t much difference in terms of functionality. All you have to do is type your text into the provided box and it will then be transformed into the font that you’ve selected.
Then, you’ll cut the custom text out of the box and paste it directly into your Instagram bio. Save it and confirm that it looks as you want it to on your Instagram profile.
There are some great fonts available, but many look very similar and are quite simple. This is due to the “unicode” that Instagram uses, which is a formatting symbol that can work on every single device out there.
The issue is that some unicode doesn’t work as planned and it doesn’t look as it should on every single device; this is when you’ll then see empty squares instead of the desired font. Check it out before you leave it there forever.
If you’re looking for some reliable Instagram font generators, we’ve listed 3 for you. They’re respectable, but keep in mind that it’s not always going to look exactly the same on every device.
1. Meta Tags Font Generator
What we love about Meta Tags Font Generator is that you are able to preview the font directly in your IG bio before you copy and paste it. That way, you can be sure that you really like the font and don’t have to go back and forth pasting into Instagram and checking it out.
You can generate fonts and see how it will look both on Instagram as well as Twitter without having to change a single thing first. After you’ve decided on something that looks good for you, simply hit Copy and you can then paste into your Instagram bio.
The service is completely free and even works on desktop, so it’s a great way to implement fonts into your Instagram bio with ease.
2. Instagram Fonts
Also known as IG Fonts, Instagram Fonts makes it easy to use fonts in your Instagram bio. It’s available on any web browser and is ultimately a very simple tool in functionality.
You just type in the desired text at the top of the page, and you will then see all of the different fonts available that you can copy and paste into your IG bio.
They even offer a few that implement emojis into your bios, which is kind of cute. While they do have a lot of different options in terms of fonts, there are quite a few that are hard to read, so make sure you choose one that’s interesting but also practical.
3. Lingo Jam
Our last choice here is the LingoJam Fancy Text Editor, offering you the chance to create a bio in different fonts with no strings attached. It basically works as a translator, taking your original text and putting it into a variety of font formats.
They especially love emojis, and you’ll see many of their options have put a bunch of random emojis along with the text. While interesting, they’re probably not super practical for an Instagram bio.
They also have an option that allows you to design your own font with a bunch of different rules for each letter that you can create, so that may be a fun way to show some personality if you get it just right.
The Benefits of Using Different Fonts in Your Instagram Bio
When you use a unique font on Instagram, you’ll definitely get some attention, but there are both pros and cons. The main con is that you run the risk of it not showing up the right way on every single app or browser.
It shouldn’t be a huge problem, however, as most people browse IG on iOS or Android devices that are all pretty much the same. If you test it out, it should be good for a majority of users.
Overall, there are more positives than negatives; you can reach your target audience and connect through the font, set yourself apart from other accounts in your niche, as well as make a good and thoughtful impression on your viewers.
Let’s take a look at a few of the benefits you can reap when you use fonts in your Instagram bio.
This is one of the main benefits— your users see that you are thoughtful, creative, and purposeful in what you do. You go above and beyond to provide a unique experience for your users so that they can enjoy what you have to offer.
Using fonts on Instagram also shows that you’re in line with what’s trendy and loved by many. You can even change your font every now and then to show that you’ve got style and are consistently reinventing yourself in the best way— through creativity.
People want to make connections on social media, and when you use a font in your Instagram bio, you give people something else to enjoy and relate to. If they feel they can connect with your personality and offerings through your Instagram bio, they’re likely to follow you.
Fonts are meant to be expressive and show feelings and emotions, so choosing one that reflects your brand in a strong way will help you have an even stronger image and personality that people can connect with.
Last but certainly not least, you can enjoy differentiation when you use fonts in your Instagram bio. You are meant to showcase your work on Instagram and you want to do this all the way down to the details.
There is no shortage of creative and innovative people on Instagram, either, so anything you can do to make you more memorable and intentional than your competition is of great benefit to you.
There are tons of hashtags and emojis and even links in Instagram bios, but not as many people use fonts in their bio— many people don’t even know how!
Tips on How to Use Instagram Fonts
Now that we know how to use fonts in your Instagram bio, we can focus on the best ways to do so. Fonts can only give you a competitive edge if you know how to implement them in the right way.
Here are three tips to help you!
1. Keep Your Aesthetic in Mind
Because Instagram is a very visual platform, using fonts in your Instagram bio can set you apart from other profiles. The key here is to use a font that adds to your brand image. If you have a fashion blog, you’re probably not going to use fonts that are blocky and dark, for instance.
Think about how this particular font will enhance your brand image and stir up a response from your target audience. Fonts in the Sans serif family are typically more informal and modern, and serif fonts are usually more sophisticated.
There are also cursive or italicized scripts, which are usually seen as romantic, femenine, and even luxurious. Using blocky and modern fonts are usually a bit more tech-friendly and readable.
You can even find fonts that reflect who you are by replacing some of the letters with the right emojis once you get it into your bio.
2. Use Fonts with Purpose
While fonts are really cool and unique, there is such a thing as too much. You can have up to 150 characters in your IG bio, but does that mean you should use a bunch of wacky fonts in the whole thing? Probably not.
Remember that your viewers are probably looking at Instagram through a smaller screen (even large cellphones are a pretty small viewing space).
In order to minimize clutter and unpleasant user experiences, choose only a small portion of your bio for the unique font. This helps to show personality, emphasize words and ideas, while still allowing users to find the information they need easily.
For example, you can use a special font for your name or title, and then continue the rest of the bio with your link and any other relevant information in normal fonts. That way, even if your font doesn’t appear correctly on all devices or some people can’t read it, it won’t hinder your whole bio and they can still read the rest.
It also makes the words you did use fonts on more important, memorable, and special.
3. Be Consistent
The last thing we want to mention is that you can choose any font that works with your content, but you want to make sure that you don’t change it every single day. Keep it around for a while— after all, this font relates to your brand and highlights who you are.
You can even use similar font styles in your Instagram captions so that you have a level of brand consistency from your bio to your content as well. Use it to emphasize important words or phrases in your captions and even implement them on other social networks.
The goal is that people see your online presence as something solid that isn’t wishy-washy. You have a strong brand image that is simply accentuated by nice fonts on Instagram and other social media networks.
Final Thoughts: Instagram Bio Ideas
Creating the right Instagram bio is no easy task— there is a lot to consider when you want to make sure you aren’t losing potential followers.
Take a look at all of the suggestions listed above for each niche, and also take a look at a few Instagram profiles to see what type of bio they’ve got going on.
Any of the above suggestions can be altered, tailored, or expanded to exactly what you’re looking for, so use them as inspiration and then go from there!
The main goal is to show your personality, get users to outside web links, give important and relevant information, and ultimately get more Instagram followers.
What do you have in your bio? Let us know in the comments!