Instagram is a visual platform, but that doesn’t mean you can ignore written text altogether. In fact, Instagram captions are a very important piece of Instagram and you have to spend part of your time making them great.
Creating solid Instagram captions that represent your photo and also your brand is a tough task. Filters and high-quality photos aren’t the only thing that matter anymore— you’ve got to put that vibe into words and connect with your followers.
There are plenty of styles that you can create for your captions— serious, witty, fun, inspirational, and more. You should also consider how to include a call-to-action (CTA) so that you get more engagement on your photos. Talk about pressure!
Your main goal through Instagram captions is to connect with your audience and build your relationship, adding value to your content.
If you need some guidance in creating effective Instagram captions that will deliver better performance for your posts and engagement, we’re here to help.
We’ve created this ultimate guide to captions by creating lists of caption ideas for your Instagram posts, organized into categories. We also include tips and tricks to help you get some inspiration.
All in all, the captions we’ve created can be used on their own, or can be combined with other writing that you want to include. The main thing is to get your gears turning and create some great ideas for your content captions on Instagram.
Let’s get started!
How A Good Instagram Caption Can Increase Your Instagram Engagement Rate
Instagram captions help users to understand your photo better; it also allows you to reveal your personality and voice through the captions in a way that the photo may not have been able to do.
Using captions can give your photos even more details and meaning through clarification and stories. They can also inspire your followers and build a bond with your audience.
Those are great things that your captions can do, but another thing your captions can do is to boost your Instagram engagement.
When you have an effective Instagram caption, it will encourage your followers to like, comment on, and give viewers a reason to take action. How?
Using calls-to-action (CTAs) in your captions will prompt your users to do what you tell them to. If you don’t use CTAs in your captioning, it’ll be tough to get more engagement and get your brand to stand out.
People want to feel involved in your content, they don’t want to feel like you’re talking at them. Using CTAs and addressing your followers can avoid this.
The first thing you should consider when writing Instagram captions that perform well is its length. Users will spend more time reading through your caption, increasing the time they spend on your photos and thinking about you or your brand.
That doesn’t mean all of your captions have to be long— you can still have a variety. But keep in mind that longer captions (where appropriate) can have a big impact on your viewers.
In addition, your caption should have a purpose, regardless of how long it is. You want your followers to relate to your captions. This will lead to more engagement and it’s likely users will either like or comment on your photo.
While there are a lot of factors that can affect your engagement rate, using effective captions is a big piece to the puzzle.
7 Copywriting Ideas to Convert Your Good Instagram Captions into Great Instagram Captions
These 7 tips can help you to focus your captions in a way that will elevate them and resonate more with your followers.
1. Show Who You Are
The main thing that your caption should do is show users your personality— yes, even if you are a brand or business, you have a personality. Social media is an amazing and unique opportunity to show your audience who you are and what you’re all about.
Building a strong voice on Instagram and using that voice in your captions is absolutely imperative. You have to keep a consistent brand image and each caption you create should reflect that, especially if you want to see more engagement and get more Instagram followers.
Once you have developed a consistent brand voice through captions, your followers will know what to expect from you and can then start to build a relationship with your brand, business, or with you directly.
Old Navy is a great example of this. They have fun and lighthearted captions that can resonate with all of their followers. For example: “shorts worth shaving above the knee for #oldnavystyle.” lighthearted and engaging!
They also address social issues, such as their Juneteenth post, as well as their father’s day post. Very cool. You want your brand to be strong and identifiable, just like Old Navy.
2. Add Context
Our second Instagram caption copywriting strategy is to add context to your photos. It’s a very simple concept and one that will give your photo even more meaning. If your caption is strong, it will keep your followers glued to your content.
Add information through your caption that they wouldn’t know just looking at the photo itself.
@EmilySkyeFit always does this. She’s been documenting her postpartum workout journey, and looking at her photos, you would think they were just run-of-the-mill fitness photos. Emily Skye is a pro at going behind the photo and diving into additional context and meaning, providing value to her millions of followers.
Her photos aren’t just for fun— they document her own fitness struggles and connect on a personal level with many of her followers. That’s exactly what a caption should do through added context.
3. Share Inspiration
Another very powerful strategy for your Instagram captions is to share inspiration through your Instagram captions. There is plenty of inspiration on Instagram, with stories, posts, quotes, and more filling the platform.
Users are greatly affected by inspirational content and will likely feel a human connection with your brand when you use inspiration in your content. If you want some ideas on using inspiration in your content, take a look at @humansofny.
You can also look at @danaemercer and @bossbabe.inc. While these three accounts are all very niche-specific, you can see a variety of ways that these brands use their content and captioning to inspire their followers on Instagram.
Share something that will positively affect your Instagram followers and reach them in relation to their hopes, dreams, life experiences, and challenges. This will make your content worth sharing and engaging with, and they can’t get it from a simple photo alone.
4. Tell Your Brand’s Story
Instagram users want to connect with brands; many people on Instagram connect with brands better when they support issues and causes that they are passionate about.
Use Instagram to show your followers and audience what your brand is all about and what’s behind your normal day-to-day business stuff. If your brand or business supports a particular cause or gives back to the community, talk about it in your captions!
Users like to see this kind of thing and it will impact your audience in a big way. If you tell your brand’s story, people will be able to see that you have worked hard to create something that is meaningful and gives back to the community.
Toms shoes @toms is known for doing this— they’re always using their captions to remind their audience what the purpose of Toms is and how buying from them helps to get more shoes out to people in the world.
5. Be Relatable and Authentic
Even though social media is all online, your content and brand will perform better if you can connect with people on a real, human level. Seems pretty easy, right?
You want to be relatable and authentic so that your followers can feel that human connection and not see you as just a brand behind a screen. You will go a lot further when your captions are relatable, and you can even show your personality that way, too.
Using a personal story or a relatable experience can help show your human side and also how your brand or business can help make life better. You don’t want to sound like a generic robot.
@REI does this very well. They’re always connecting with their followers through relatable and authentic content, bringing nature experiences and questions to their followers.
6. Provide Value and Education to your followers
If you want to provide value to your followers through your Instagram captions, you can educate them about something. While this isn’t the only way to add value, it definitely does come in handy and can even lead to your content being saved more often.
Your followers will not only get new information from you, but also give credibility and authority to your brand and product as an expert in your niche.
Some things you can use to educate your followers are questions, fun facts, statistics, or background information. If you want to write good Instagram captions that keep your followers coming back for more and engaging, this is an element that you simply can’t ignore.
Accounts like @thefoodbabe and @berkey_filters are great examples of how you can inform your followers of new information through your captions and expand on your content with facts that will add value.
7. Spotlight an Employee or Team Member
It’s been shown that Instagram posts that feature people get higher levels of engagement. This means that you should find ways to include people. After all, your content will be more relatable and inspire users to feel good about purchasing from you when they can see themselves in the post.
Creating captions for Instagram that tell a story and show a positive company culture is something that will no doubt lead to great business results and more social media followers.
A great way to do this is to show appreciation for your team or employees by doing a spotlight. When you spotlight an employee or team member, it’s engaging, users feel that your brand cares about people, and they can learn something about the people that represent your business.
If you want to boost your engagement, this content type is excellent, and your caption will only help it to perform well and give insight into your brand on a human level. @Starbucks and @nordstrom have been known to do this.
They both do this via their content feed, as well as in Instagram stories. They use a direct quote from their team member, or they tell a story about this person. Try it out! It’s very powerful.
5 Ways to Further Optimize Your Captions
The tips above provide insight on what your caption should do for your content and followers, but this next section will give us more information on how you can do it.
The following 5 tips are very important in creating the best Instagram captions possible. Let’s take a look.
1. Include CTAs
We’ve mentioned this a few times already, so you can probably guess that this is a very important element of your Instagram caption.
A call-to-action (CTA) makes a huge difference in getting your followers to carry out an action after seeing your content.
If you create a powerful CTA, your followers will be likely to engage with your content, visit your Instagram profile, check out your business website, sign up for a newsletter, purchase your products, or share your content.
This is exactly what you want! So why not tell your followers exactly what to do?
Some calls to action include:
- Link in bio
- Check it out on our website
- Visit our site for more information
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Like this picture
- Share this picture
- Tag a friend
- Save this picture
These are some of the most common actions that you will want your Instagram followers and viewers to take. Your CTAs should be clear and engaging, but not overly spammy, salesy, or desperate. Make them fit with your brand’s voice and personality.
2. Use Emojis
People love using emojis these days, and they give real insight into your Instagram content and how you’re feeling. They bring your words to life in yet another way.
You don’t want them to invade your whole caption, though— they should complement your content. You want your caption to be intelligible and written at a high level or in your brand’s voice, so don’t let emojis take over completely.
They could also be a placeholder for some words, such as “fun in the ☀️”
Alternatively, you could nix almost all of the words and just use emojis to represent your words. If you look closely at Instagram captions these days, almost every single one will use at least one emoji.
All of the brands that we’ve mentioned so far on the list use them in their captions, so you should look at similar accounts in your niche and think about how you can implement them as well.
3. Space out Your Caption
As we mentioned, long captions work great for engagement, but you also don’t want it to be jammed together. You want to have line breaks in your caption so that people can see between ideas and also have a better reading experience.
In fact, if you have a long caption with no breaks, it may completely deter your follower from reading it at all. Write good Instagram captions— use line breaks.
You can use just a simple space, or you can put a period or bullet point to show the space. You could even input emojis in the spaces if you want to add even more color.
Take a look at @emilyskyefit, @amypurdygurl, or pretty much any other influencer on Instagram for more inspiration on how to do this.
4. Mention Relevant Users
Instagram is a social network, so you should try to make as many connections as possible. When you use @mentions in your Instagram content, it will notify the account that you tagged. This prompts users to engage with the content.
Isn’t it exciting when you get tagged in a post on Instagram? Wouldn’t you love it if your content got shared by a brand or business?
You can encourage your followers to tag your brand or hashtag for a chance to be featured, and you can also use mentions in your content to tag the people and accounts relevant to the content.
If you mention influencers and celebrities in your captions, they’ll be likely to take a look. You may even get featured on their account, which is huge in terms of exposure.
If your photo features a particular influencer or user, tag that person; you can also tag other brands or businesses that are featured by products in your photo (which is especially useful for Instagram influencers to build relationships with brands).
All in all, your captions will get more engagement and views when you mention other Instagram users.
5. Incorporate your Hashtag Strategy
Last but certainly not least, your hashtags will also need to go in your caption. Instagram posts with at least 1 hashtag gets 12.6% more engagement on average.
If you want to reach new people and get discovered by new users, you should use hashtags. You can use hashtags that are relevant to your niche and content, as well as a branded hashtag that you create for a particular campaign.
@tidelaundy, @oldspice, and @cocacola have all done this with success, among many other users. You can combine your hashtags throughout your caption, or you can simply post them all at the end.
If you don’t want them in your caption, you can comment on your content with your hashtags and it will still get your content into that hashtag feed. This is called the “first comment” method.
Not sure about where to get your hashtags? Take a look at popular accounts in your niche or use a hashtag generator tool such as Task Ant.
1,000+ Instagram Caption Ideas
Now that we understand the components of a good Instagram caption and how to create one, we’re going to help you get started.
In the following section, you’ll find more than 1000 ideas for creating awesome Instagram captions. Remember, they can be used as you see them, or they can be integrated into a bigger and longer caption; it’s completely up to you and how you want to use them.
Some of them also require you to add in a word or two to tailor the content to your brand, so keep an eye out. Ready? Let’s get captioning!
Travel Instagram Captions
The travel niche is one of the most popular on Instagram. Here are some different captions that can help engage your audience and keep them excited about what you’re posting.
- Start spreading the news, I’m leaving today… #franksinatra
- If only my health insurance covered travel therapy… it should, right?!
- I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list. Checking them off one at a time.
- Not all who wander are lost…but I sure was! It happens. Has it happened to you?
- Seeing the world one city at a time.
- [STORY TIME] (tell story related to photo)
- Sometimes the only solution is a plane ticket!
- Always in need of more frequent flyer miles. How many do you have?
- “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
- Nothing to lose and a big world to see
- Always take the scenic route.
- “I choose to collect memories instead of things.” – Elena Levon
- I travel so I can never look back and wonder “what if?”
- I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way.
- Catchin’ Flights, not feelings.
- I got 99 problems & traveling ain’t one.
- Forget caviar & champagne-Taste the world instead!
- On Island Time. I’ll get back to you next week!
- Sight seeing like it’s my job.
- Exploring unexpected places.
- Work hard, travel harder.
- I’ve got a bad case of wanderlust.
- If traveling was free, you would never see me again.
- Vacation Mood: Eat, Tan, Sleep Repeat.
- Watch more sunsets than Netflix.
- Keep calm and let’s go travel.
- Life is a journey and the beach is my destination.
- Hopped on a plane at LAX, where to next?
- Time for some Vitamin Sea.
- “Jet Lag is for amateurs.” – Dick Clark.
- To say I love to travel would be an understatement.
- Siri, set airfare alerts to the Bahamas.
- Jet lagged, but make it fashion.
- Why do you travel?
- Go where you feel most alive.
- Oh, the places you’ll go.
- Good things come to those who book flights.
- Running to the gate is my cardio.
- Guess where I am?
- Working is great, but have you tried traveling?
- I followed my heart and it led me to the airport.
- Up in the clouds…
Example caption from @NomadicMatt:
[STORY TIME] My friend and I met this guy in Lyon. I was traveling France trying to only use the sharing economy so I signed us up for an @eatwith meal while in Lyon (we went with him because he was the cheapest). He made us pretty decent burgers and then showed us around his neighborhood.
It turned out he was a musician and he was playing a show that night and invited us to attend.
So, later that night, we met up with him on an old bridge turned club. It was packed as people crammed into the main galley to hear the band (it was a combination jazz/salsa thing). We were definitely the only non-locals there. I mean it’s highly, highly unlikely I would have found this if it wasn’t for signing-up for @eatwith and meating that guy earlier!!
My friend and I spent the night listening to music, drinking wine, and hanging out with this guy and his friends. Itw as a wonderful night and a testament to the power of the sharing economy.
Counting down the days I can turn strangers on the road into friends again!
@NomadicMatt does a great job here of telling a story in his captions; he also uses his hashtags in the first comment so that they don’t take away from the story of his caption. See how you can tell a story that expands on a simple photo in your content?
Fashion Instagram Captions
Fashion is also a big niche on Instagram, so standing out from the crowd will help you connect with your followers. Here are some caption ideas for fashion that will make your content a hit.
- It’s all in the details, amirite?
- Always dress your best. You never know who you may run into!
- When your outfit is so cute you post it twice.
- Say hello to the dress of your dreams.
- “I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color.”-Wednesday Addams
- Fashion first. Everything else second.
- “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” —Coco Chanel
- If I ever put my head down, it will just be to admire my shoes.
- Dior not war.
- Every piece of jewelry tells a story. What does this one say to you?
- Forget the rules. Wear it if you like it.
- I have a degree in retail therapy.
- Exercise? I thought you said accessorize…
- “Pearls are always appropriate.” – Jackie Kennedy
- Shortest horror story ever: Sold Out.
- Bad vibes don’t go with this outfit.
- When your sunglasses and shoes match and you feel like you have your life together.
- High heels & big flashy rings…These are a few of my favorite things.
- The perfect outfit is Fabulous, Classy and a little sassy.
- Look Good, Feel Good. #OOTD
- More Shoes, Less Problems.
- Love this look? What’s your favorite part? Tell me below.
- Long dresses & Lipstick type of day!
- Like my outfit? Aw thanks, I just bought it.
- “Fashions fade, style is eternal.” -Yves Saint Laurent
- *Has a full closet of clothes* *Wears the same five outfits* Who else does this happen to?!
- Shopping is my cardio.
- Outfit of the Day: Leggings & Sneakers
- Life is a party, dress like it!
- It’s a denim on denim kind of day! Who else loves wearing denim?
Caption Example from @FashionNova:
Givin’ you all the flare! 👖✔️
Search: “Paige High Rise Flare Jean”
Tag @Fashion Nova #FashionNova in your post for a chance at being reposted on our page like @aidettec!
Fitness Instagram Captions
There is no shortage of fitness accounts on Instagram, so getting a winning caption to drive engagement and build a relationship is key. Here are our top fitness caption ideas for Instagram.
- Earn your shower.
- Meet me at the bar.
- Train like a beast, look like a beauty. 👸🏼
- Good things come to those who sweat.
- Push yourself because no one else is going to do it for you.
- What if I CAN do it?
- Three months from now, you’ll thank yourself.
- What seems hard now will one day be your warm-up.
- You can’t expect to succeed if you only work on the days you feel like it.
- Wake up beauty, it’s time to beast.
- A little progress each day adds up to big results.
- No pain, no gain. Shut up and train.
- Do your best, forget the rest & put your body to the test.
- I got 99 problems, but I’m going to the gym and ignoring all of them.
- Weights before dates.
- If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up. Think of where you’ll be if you don’t quit.
- My protein shake brings all the boys to the yard.
- All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.
- You don’t get the ass you want by sitting on it.
- Making excuses burns zero calories per hour.
- Better sore than sorry.
- Stronger than yesterday.
- Be stronger than your excuses.
- Dear Fat: Prepare to die. Sincerely, me.
- Train insane or remain the same.
- Sore today, strong tomorrow.
- Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.
- Shut up & squat.
- Do I have abs yet?
- Just Do It.
- That weight isn’t going to lift itself.
- Winners train, losers complain.
- Rise & Grind.
- Go hard or go home.
- It always seems impossible until it’s done.
- Eat. Sleep. Spin. Repeat.
- Always have high standards and low squats.
Fitness posts are usually about sharing workouts or sharing transformations and progress. They may also be about healthy routines or products that are good to use. Here’s an example of a fitness caption from @Emillyskyefit:
It’s taken me nearly a year after having Izaac to get fit again. I knew I’d do it though. I feel fantastic & I’m so proud of myself. 🥰
Scroll across to see some of the snippets of my 2nd postnatal fitness journey 👉🏼
I STRUGGLED A LOT! IT HAS BEEN HAAAAARD WORK.”
She then goes on to talk about how it was difficult, there were no results, and that you can do it. She is so good at making connections with her followers and encouraging them through her own personal experiences. This is a great example of authenticity and using relevant captions for content type.
Food Instagram Captions
Nothing like a great picture of food or restaurants to get your appetite going! Here are some great caption ideas for content that contains food or is related to the restaurant business.
- Circular Breakfast of Choice: Donuts of Bagels? Reply below and let me know!
- This Pizza=A little slice of heaven.
- Brunch without booze is just a sad late breakfast.
- My love language: Mac & Cheese (or other food of your choice)
- It’s coffee o’clock. Who else needs coffee to function?
- You guac my world. Who else pays extra for guac?
- Wine + dinner = winner.
- Cooking rule: If at first you don’t succeed, order pizza.
- Donut kill my vibe.
- In pizza we crust.
- Want to taco ‘bout it?
- It’s kind of a big dill.
- Hangry (adj): A state of anger caused by lack of food; hunger causing a negative change in emotional state.
- You had me at pizza.
- Peanut butter is my favorite food group.
- All you need is love pizza.
- I followed my heart and it led me to the fridge.
- I think my soulmate might be carbs.
- Ways to my heart: 1) Buy me food. 2) Make me food. 3) Be food.
- I eat cake because it’s somebody’s birthday somewhere.
- If we’re not meant to have midnight snacks, why is there a light inside the fridge?
- Love at first bite.
- I’m just a girl, standing in front of a salad, asking it to be a donut.
- Calories don’t count on the weekend.
- Dough-n’t you know the way to my heart is bread?
- Sometimes the recipe says family size, but I say I’m a family of one.
- Sweet or salty? What’s your flavor?
- The only time I do math is in the kitchen.
- Nothing brings people together like good food.
- You only live once. Always like the cake batter bowl.
- Cookie dough: better raw or baked? Discuss.
- It’s nearly impossible to be sad when you’re eating a cookie.
- Say no to drugs and yes to pizza.
- I only eat fruit when it’s in my Sangria.
- Fries before guys ladies.
- Nutella makes everything better.
- It’s happy hour somewhere.
- Eat Sleep Happy Hour repeat.
- This body runs on carbs.
- When in doubt, brunch it out.
- “Hello it’s me”- Pizza
- The Dessert Aisle — aka the Happiest Place on Earth (you can sub any type of supermarket aisle here)
- How good does this (food) look!?
Caption example from @graciasmadresocal:
A little of this, a little of that! Who are you sharing your next meal at Gracias Madre with?
Wedding Instagram Captions
Everyone wants to share their big day on Instagram, so here are some ways you can do that and connect with followers in your niche. These are both for weddings as well as proposals/engagements.
- A day full of so many emotions. Even the cake is in tiers.
- He stole my heart, so I’m going to steal his last name.
- And they lived happily ever after.
- Wedding planning is my cardio.
- Future Mr. and Mrs.
- I can’t keep calm — I’m getting married!
- And together we’ll build a life we love.
- Hand in hand, heart to heart, on this day our adventure starts.
- He stole my heart, so I’m taking his last name!
- I’m planning two weddings: one on Pinterest and one I can afford.
- Goodbye Miss, Hello Mrs.!
- Does this ring make me look engaged?
- Keep calm and say I do.
- Here’s to love and laughter and happily ever after.
- Sip sip, hooray to the perfect wedding day.
- I’m just here for the cake and love.
- Confetti here, champagne there, love everywhere.
- We tied the knot! Let’s Celebrate!
- Pop the champagne, I’m changing my last name!
- Hoping my wedding is everything my Pinterest boards promised it would be.
- Till death do us party.
- It’s not the royal wedding but it’ll do!
- The party doesn’t start until the newlyweds walk in!
- Ready to get wed, white and boozed.
- Something old, new, borrowed & blue.
- The real adventure begins here!
- Finally, I have an excuse to change my last name.
- He liked it, so he put a ring on it.
- Pop the bubbly; I’m getting a hubby.
- Finally, he put a ring on it!
Caption example from @alexa.m6:
“Yesterday was a dream. Finally married my best friend 🤍🌴”
You may have a business that is in the wedding industry; maybe you do makeup, maybe you are a photographer or videographer, maybe you make wedding cakes, and more. If you are in the wedding industry, here’s a winning caption from @TulleandChantilly (dress company):
Boho wedding theme idea with wine bridesmaid dresses, it will be the best choice for your wedding~
Dress style: TBQP388, TBQP489, TBQP420, TBQP346
This caption is great because it gives followers ideas about how to create a style that they might love using the products. They also include relevant product information and also use @mentions meaningfully. Great work! This can be adapted for your particular style. You can also do features on the couple and include details about their relationship to make it more personal.
Instagram Caption Ideas For Your Tone of Voice
Connecting with your brand image and keeping everything consistent is very important. You also want to share your personality with your followers and show your authentic persona to build a relationship with your followers.
These tone of voice caption ideas can help you do exactly that; keep your captions consistent with the following ideas!
Funny Instagram Captions
- therapist: and what do we do when we feel this way? me: add to cart. therapist: no
- When life shuts a door, open it again. It’s a door. That’s how it works.
- I never make the same mistake twice. I make it like eight times. Just to be sure, you know?
- One moment you’re young and fun. The next you’re turning down the radio so you can see better.
- The only cars that impress me are food trucks.
- I’m not crazy – I’m happy with a twist!
- If you see me jogging…please kill whatever’s chasing me!
- If you can’t say anything nice, at least make it funny!
- I’m excited to announce that I have no idea what I’m doing!
- I’m not a ride or die. I have questions. Where are we going? Do I have to die? Can we stop for snacks?
- “The only time I set the bar low is for limbo.” – Michael Scott (any The Office quote will instantly make your Instagram funnier)
- I’m not fat, I’m easier to see.
- Make today your bitch.
- Sure, I do Marathons…On Netflix.
- At least mosquitoes find me attractive.
- So excited to visit the happiest place on earth: my bed.
- Food, my second favorite F word.
- When nothing’s going right, go left.
- Forget love, I’d rather fall into chocolate (or wine, or anything else you want to fall into).
- Always running. Out of time, patience and money.
- I’m on a seafood diet. I see food and I eat it.
- I hate when I’m about to hug someone sexy and my face hits the mirror.
- If being hot is a crime, arrest me.
- Can Bob the Builder fix your attitude?
- People are like Oreos. The good stuff is on the inside.
- Dear Math, stop asking to find your X. She’s never coming back.
- Body type: Works out but definitely likes pizza.
- Idk who needs to hear this but (s)he doesn’t love you.
- I’m not lazy, I’m in energy saving mode.
- I deserve an Oscar for acting like my life is together. Anyone else?
Punny Instagram Captions
- Bee mine.
- Thanks for pudding up with me.
- I like you a waffle lot!
- Donut even think about it.
- My fear of moving stairs is escalating.
- This may be cheesy, but I think you’re grate!
- I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.
- I ap-peach-iate you!
- Every calendar’s days are numbered.
- Thought Santa was gonna be late, but he arrived in the Nick of time.
- Orange you glad to see me?
- Espresso yourself.
- We’re gouda together.
- Brunch was absolutely eggsquisite.
- You’re one in a melon.
- In queso you didn’t know, you’re my favorite.
- Bad puns are how eye roll.
- You’re pearfect.
- We’re a batch made in heaven!
- Be kind to otters.
- You have guac to be kidding me!
- Tropic like it’s hot.
- Seas the day.
- I love you a latte.
- You have stolen a pizza of our hearts.
- I can sea clearly now.
- Don’t spell part backwards, it’s a trap.
- Let’s Taco Bout it.
- Not all math puns are terrible. Just Sum.
- Coffee has a rough time in our house. It gets mugged every single morning!
Cute Instagram Captions
- Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.
- It’s a good day to be happy! What are you happy about today?
- Shining bright like the stars.
- I’m not there yet, but I’m closer than I was yesterday! Keep going and you’ll get there.
- A little more kindness. A little less judgement.
- I’m a blessed hot mess.
- Be your own kind of beautiful.
- Let your dreams be your wings.
- Collect beautiful moments.
- Expect nothing. Appreciate everything.
- Besides chocolate, you’re my favorite!
- Cute, but psycho, yet cute.
- Keep your heels, head & standards high.
- Sugar, spice & everything nice!
- Slay them with sweetness.
- A beautiful thing is never perfect.
- La vie en rose.
- Sweeter than honey.
- Cute as a button.
- Find comfort in the chaos.
- Eat diamonds for breakfast and shine all day.
- Cute is when a person’s personality shines through their looks.
- Follow this one rule: Don’t be boring and dress cute wherever you go.
- Always wear cute pajamas to bed. You never know who you’ll meet in your dreams.
- A hug is like a boomerang. You get it back right away.
- Beauty in bloom.
- High tides, good vibes.
- Cutie Patootie.
- Good vibes all the time.
- Not small, fun sized. Small but mighty.
Inspirational Instagram Captions
- If you are not doing what you love you’re wasting your time.
- Don’t give your past the power to define your future.
- We cannot become what we want to be by remaining what we are.
- When things change inside you, things change around you too.
- If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.
- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.
- Whatever is good for your soul, do that.
- Never cry for that person who doesn’t know the value of your tears.
- Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.
- Creativity is intelligence enjoying itself.
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
- Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
- The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
- Good things take time.
- Life is a one-time offer. Use it well.
- A beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset.
- Little by little, day by day, what’s meant for you will find its way.
- You’re the artist painting the picture of your life. Don’t hand the paintbrush to anybody else.
- If your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough.
- Be brave enough to be bad at something new.
- I don’t know how my story will end, but nowhere will it say “and then she gave up.”
- Everything you need is already inside you, get started.
- By changing nothing, nothing changes.
- Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
- Do one thing every day that scares you.
- Never settle for less than what you deserve.
- Success in your twenties is more about setting the table than enjoying the feast.
- The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
- Inner peace is the new success.
- You are exactly where you need to be.
- It is not selfish to do what’s best for you.
- Keep your eye on the prize and never let anyone get you down. Accept yourself.
People want to be motivated; they want value in their Instagram content and they want perspective and insight. If you post something with a clear intention and something inspirational for your followers, they’ll find more value in it and will see that it means something to them, building a stronger relationship.
Sassy Instagram Captions
- Confidence level: Selfie with no filter.
- There are a million fish in the sea, but I’m a mermaid.
- Know your worth. Then add tax.
- If my mouth doesn’t say it…my face definitely will.
- Fifty shades of tired.
- “I won’t cry for you. My mascara is too expensive.” – Adriana Lima
- Sunshine mixed with a little hurricane.
- You were my cup of tea, but now I drink champagne.
- Tell me I can’t do something. I’ll do it twice and take pictures.
- It’s okay if you don’t like me. Not everyone has good taste.
- Life is short. Make each hair flip count.
- Keep your head, heels and standards high.
- I do a thing called what I want.
- Rejected? Nah, redirected.
- When nothing goes right, go left.
- Stay classy, sassy, and a little bad assy.
- Sorry the person you’re trying to reach has moved on.
- I’m not searching for my other half because I’m not a half.
- Pathetic but aesthetic.
- Too glam to give a damn.
- A sass a day keeps the basics away.
- If you listen closely you can hear me not caring.
- “I heard you’re a player. Nice to meet you— I’m the coach.”
- More issues than Vogue.
- Act like a lady. Think like a boss.
- Do you. Be you. For You.
- Eat, Pray, Slay.
- Too glam to give a damn.
- People will stare. Make it worth their while.
- Throw sass around like confetti and make life a little more fun.
Clever Instagram Captions
- Weekend, please don’t leave me.
- Life is short; false. It’s the longest thing you do.
- Sometimes the grass is greener because it’s fake.
- I have mixed drinks about feelings.
- “A wise girl knows her limits. A smart girl knows she has none.” – Marilyn Monroe
- I wasn’t lucky, I deserved it.
- Success is where luck and preparation meet.
- Not everyone can be clever, so you might need to fake it a little.
- Maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s a filter. It’s probably a filter.
- The world is changed by your example, not your opinion.
- Rejection is just redirection. Keep moving.
- The best times begin at the end of your comfort zone.
- Don’t talk unless you can improve the silence.
- There are 7 days in a week. “Someday” isn’t one of them.
- The trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.
- Quit talking and start doing.
- If you can’t convince them, confuse them.
- Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
- Humble, with just a hint of Kanye.
- Just because you’re still talking doesn’t mean I’m still listening.
- It always seems impossible until it’s done.
- Better late than never, but never late is better.
- Do more things that make you forget to check your phone.
- Remind yourself that being afraid of things going wrong isn’t the way to make things go right.
- Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
- Too clever is dumb.
- Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
- If you can’t explain simply then you don’t understand it well enough.
- The time is always right to do the right things.
- Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I’m wise, so I’m changing myself. Anyone else?
- If plan A didn’t work… the alphabet has plenty of other letters.
Short Instagram Captions
- Feeling good. Wbu?
- Saturdays are for the boys (/girls).
- Be a nice human.
- Live. Laugh. Love.
- I’m all the way up!
- Escape the ordinary.
- Can’t touch this.
- Your vibe attracts your tribe.
- Just Chillin, Wbu?
- Good vibes.
- On cloud 9.
- Just Smile.
- Yep, still here.
- Life is simple. Just not easy.
- Don’t grow up.
- Be Happy.
- Live life to the fullest.
- Selfie time.
- Start somewhere.
- Picture perfect.
- Feeling happy.
- Felt cute.
- Your loss.
- Oh hi there.
- Seize the day.
- You got this.
- Fearlessly authentic.
- Make me smile.
- I can and I will.
- Watch me work.
- Killin’ em.
- Love to see it.
- What’s good?
- You matter.
Song Lyrics for Instagram Captions
- Darling, I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream.
- Sometimes I feel like giving up but I just can’t — it isn’t in my blood.
- A million dreams are keeping me awake.
- Some dance to remember, some dance to forget.
- Meet me in the afterglow.
- Who run the world? Girls.
- I’m still alive but I’m barely breathing.
- You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.
- I am inimitable, I am an original.
- Be a best friend. Tell the truth. And overuse I love you.
- Funny how a memory sounds like a memory.
- Take me to your heart, for it’s there I belong.
- I just wanna make you feel okay.
- I am the one thing in life I can control.
- When we all fall asleep, where do we go?
- I’ll leave a light on.
- There’s a million things I haven’t done, but just you wait.
- Feelin’ good as hell!
- And I never saw you coming and I’ll never be the same.
- When I taste tequila, baby I still see ya.
- I like me better when I’m with you.
- You’re the best mistake I’ve ever made.
- It’s always darkest before the dawn.
- I don’t want to be heard, I want to be listened to.
- Lights will guide you home, and ignite your bones.
- Cheers to the freakin weekend!
- It’s your bed babe, it’s your funeral.
- In my head, I’m yours.
- The growing pains are keeping me up at night.
- When you fall asleep tonight, just remember that we lay under the same stars.
- It’s the freakin’ weekend baby I’m about to have me some fun.
- Sometimes we laugh, and sometimes we cry, but I guess you know now, baby.
- God’s plan — I feel good sometimes I don’t eh!
- Don’t stop believing.
- Lose yourself in the music the moment you want it you can never let it go.
- I will wait, I will wait for you.
- And she’s buying a stairway to heaven.
- You’re the best friend that I’ve ever had, I’ve been with you such a long time! You’re my sunshine.
- Don’t believe me just watch!
- Imagine all the people.
Instagram Caption Ideas For Types of Photos
Another way you can design your caption is by type of photo. You can create some go-to templates for selfies, product photos, landscapes, and so much more.
Here we’ll give you some phrases that you can include within your captions to create excellent captions based on the photo type.
Instagram Captions for Selfies
A selfie is a classic type of Instagram content and since it’s clear what the photo is, adding a good caption can help to define your content and give it meaning.
- Why so serious?
- I don’t always take selfies, but when I do…
- Good Morning Instagram!
- Oh hey, didn’t see ya there!
- Perfectly imperfect.
- Hakuna matata.
- Good vibes only!
- Too glam to give a damn.
- Girls just wanna have fun!
- I’m not weird, I’m limited edition.
- Happy life, happy vibes.
- Just me.
- I woke up like this.
- When the lighting is too good not to take a selfie.
- Just Cheesin’
- Like who you see in the mirror.
- Sending my selfie to NASA, because I am a star!
- Make them stop and stare.
- Crazy hair, don’t care!
- All natural look for the day!
- Fresh out of the shower, no makeup on.
- Life isn’t perfect, but your selfie can be.
- Coffee and confidence is all you need.
- Being a sleepy girl with a busy life is hard.
- Stay a mystery. It’s better.
- Livin la vida broka
- Hello, it’s me.
- But first, let me take a selfie.
- Selfie Sunday (or other day of the week)
Instagram Captions for User-Generated Content (UGC)
UGC is one of the best ways to get more engagement on Instagram and build relationships with your followers. Here are some ideas for content captions; you can still include the original caption from the user, or you can just put this; even if you use the original caption, you should still use an introductory phrase from your brand.
- We love seeing how y’all style (clothing item), and we’re especially loving how @inserthandlehere paired it with (fill in…)!
- Drooling over these cookies by @inserthandlehere!
- Living vicariously through @inserthandlehere this weekend!
- Photo of the day. Thanks for sharing, @inserthandlehere
- Show us how you use (insert product here) in your life for a chance to be featured!
- In awe of how @inserthandlehere is using (insert product name).
- To share or not to share…@inserthandlehere chose to share, and we’re so glad you did!
- Share your best recipes using (insert product here)! Tag us and we’ll pass them along to the whole community!
- We know that life can get busy, and we’re glad (insert product here) can make it a little easier! Thanks for sharing your story, @inserthandlehere.
- Stuff yo face @inserthandlehere.
- Wishin’ our plate looked like @inserthandlehere.
- Share your favorite (insert product) for a chance to be featured on our page!
- Looks good on you day or night @inserthandlehere.
- No filter required. @inserthandlehere looking absolutely stunning in our (insert clothing product here).
- Happy Friday! What color of our (insert clothing item here) are you rocking today? @inserthandle here is loving our (insert color).
- Can you say #cartgoals? Thanks for sharing your shopping cart @inserthandlehere.
- SLAY @inserthandlehere in our (insert product name).
- Fill up your cup with (insert drink brand) like @inserthandlehere.
- Cheers from @inserthotelorrestauranthere. Thanks for visiting @inserthandlehere.
- What better gift for your BFF than a subscription to (insert brand here). Thanks for sharing @inserthandlehere.
- Hats off to one of our favorite gals! @inserthandlehere
- Eatin’ good like @inserthandlehere
- Just when we thought brunch couldn’t get much better. Thanks for sharing @inserthandlehere.
- All the workplace essentials *check emoji*. Photo Cred:
- Drink of the day! Thanks for sharing @inserthandlehere.
- Good times at @insertrestauranthere. Thanks for capturing @inserthandlehere.
- FEASTIN’ w @inserthandlehere.
- Our babe @inserthandlehere looks fabulous in her new rags from @insertstorenamehere.
- Shop til you drop @inserthandlehere.
- The best way to enjoy (product) is with friends! Thanks @inserthandlehere.
- We love to see it! @inserthandlehere rocking it with (product)! Werk.
Instagram Captions for Landscapes
- Sun kissed.
- From sea to shining sea.
- Just another day in Paradise.
- Every sunset brings the promise of a new dawn.
- Nature never goes out of style.
- Nature is the art of God.
- “You be the wind, I’ll be the wildflower.” – J. Lynn
- If your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough.
- Nature is not a place to visit, it’s home.
- “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees.” – Henry David Thoreau
- When life hurts, nature heals.
- Hike more. Worry less.
- “I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean.”
- There’s something about a wildflower… it grows wherever it wants.
- Find a dirt path. Walk till it ends.
- Listen to the melody of the waves, the birds, the wind.
- Chasing the sun.
- Painted Skies.
- Can’t beat this view.
- Chasing waterfalls.
- Where the wild things are.
- Heaven on earth.
- #nofilter needed.
- Turns out the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
- The mountains are calling and I must go. -John Muir
- Call of the wild!
- On cloud nine.
- Letting nature take its course.
- Flower power.
Instagram Captions for Product Photos
- No look is complete without (insert product name).
- So many prints, it’s too hard to choose!
- Explore our collection of new (insert product) online & in-stores today!
- Ingredients are our main priority. #guaranteed.
- Don’t wait. They’re flying off the shelves!
- Shop til you drop. New flavors drop at midnight.
- Restock, restock, read all about it!
- Countdown to (insert product name): 3 days! Which color will you pick?
- Back by popular demand!
- It’s here but only for a limited time!
- You asked. We listened. What’s your favorite piece in this collection?
- Pre-orders are open TODAY! We can’t wait to get (insert product) out to you!
- What’s your flavor choice? We love (insert product) because…
- Unveiling the latest updates in T-2 days!
- That glow though. How has (insert skincare product) helped your skin?
- A smile is the best accessory, but these (product name) are a close second, that’s for sure!
- It’s here it’s here it’s HERE! Grab your favorites before they’re gone!
- New collection drops today.
- So you said you wanted something new, we’re bringing it.
- With so many delicious treats, it’s hard to pick a favorite!
- What are you eating this weekend?
- Sip, sip, hooray! Let us fill your cup today.
- What’s your favorite way to use (insert product name here).
- Everything in moderation- even wine!
- Pro Tip: Add (insert product name) to any meal to give it an extra kick!
- Lookin’ like a snack.
- Re-stocked and oh so cute! Come in and snag (insert clothing item) before it’s gone!
- Can’t beat today’s little details.
- What’s your favorite style season? Let us know below!
- All the essentials, all in one place! Don’t miss out.
Instagram Captions for Photos of Friends
- Meet my partner in crime.
- Live for the moments you can’t put into words.
- Friends who slay together, stay together.
- Friends come and go like waves in the ocean.
- If you don’t own matching shirts, are you even friends?
- Friendship isn’t a big thing, it’s a million little things.
- Friends until the very end—and then some.
- Hard times will always reveal true friends.
- Friends make you smile brighter, laugh louder and live better.
- Friends are the family we choose.
- “The greatest gift of life is friendship.” – Hubert H. Humphrey
- Yes, we know we’re obnoxious together. No, we don’t care.
- Be a friend to find a friend.
- True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never in heart.
- A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you.
- Friends are like seashells: collected and treasured.
- True friends understand what you’re not saying.
- Without crazy friends there’d be no crazy memories.
- Not sure what’s tighter our jeans or friendship.
- If you know you know.
- Let me tell you about my best friends.
- We’ll be friends forever because they already know too much.
- Friends like these are one in a million.
- Friends that are like family >>>
- A bond that will last forever.
- Your vibe attracts your tribe.
- True friends till the end.
- Life is better with these gals.
- No friendship is an accident.
- Friends don’t let friends do dumb stuff alone.
Instagram Captions for Photos of Pets
- Check meowt
- “The bond with a dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be.” – Konrad Lorenz
- Stay PAWS-itive.
- All my best friends have paws!
- “The average dog is nicer than the average person.” – Andy Rooney
- I just want to stay home and hang out with my dog.
- “Cats choose us. We don’t own them.” – Kristin Cast
- When all else fails, hug the cat.
- Having an animal in your life makes you a better human.
- Wake up. Hug dog. Have a good day.
- “What greater gift than the love of a cat.” – Charles Dickens
- No home is complete without the pitter patter of kitty feet.
- I’m here to pet all of the cats.
- Happy people have pet hair on their clothes.
- My cat is judging you. So be nice.
- Dog hair is my glitter.
- Home is where the dog hair sticks to everything.
- I feel sorry for people who don’t have dogs. I hear they have to pick up food they drop on the floor themselves.
- Dogs welcome, people tolerated.
- I think the reason we’re born with two hands is so we can pet two dogs at once.
- I work hard so my dog can have a better life.
- The only person who understands me is my dog.
- Cats have 32 muscles in each ear — all the better to help them ignore you.
- If cats could talk, they wouldn’t.
- You can teach a cat to do anything that it wants to do.
- We all know who’s really in charge here…
- Cats have servants, dogs have masters.
- A dog is the only thing on earth that will love you more than itself.
- Dog hair don’t care
- You had me at woof.
Instagram Captions for Photos of Family
- Family time is perfect content.
- You don’t choose your family.
- Blood is thicker than water.
- Two peas in a pod.
- Family vacations are always a good idea.
- Attention: Dad jokes ahead.
- Siblings till death do us part!
- BRB: Hanging with my family.
- Families are like candy. Mostly sweet, a little salty and with a few nuts thrown in!
- I always thought my mom was crazy…now I realize I made her that way. Oops?
- Our family is a great mix of love and chaos.
- Family: the people you love with all your heart but sometimes want to murder.
- This family is more like a really small gang.
- My sister has the most awesome sister in the world.
- Being a parent is like folding a fitted sheet. No one really knows how.
- Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.
- “What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention.” – Claire Cook
- Family isn’t just an important thing – it’s everything.
- Can live with them, can’t live without them!
- No family members were harmed in the making of this photo.
- If blood makes you related to each other than caring, sharing and loyalty make a family.
- Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.
- As far as everyone else knows, we’re a nice, normal family.
- Fam till the end.
- Cheaper by the Dozen.
- Every family has a story. Welcome to ours!
- Family matters.
- Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.
- You call it chaos. We call it family.
- There’s nothing better than family.
Instagram Captions for Couples
- Check out that view…
- You make my heart smile.
- You’re my sunshine, my only sunshine…
- You’re my rainbow after the storm.
- I still fall for you every day.
- You still give me butterflies!
- We go together like cookies and milk.
- Nothing to see here, just a couple of kids in love.
- I love you more than chocolate!
- You’re my happy place.
- They say home is where the heart is — my home is you.
- And together they built a life they loved.
- I like the way we feel together.
- I found someone that I want to annoy for the rest of my life.
- Together is my favorite place to be.
- I fell in love with you for a reason: There is no one like you.
- I’ve waited all my life to find someone like you.
- I never want to stop making memories with you.
- I knew we’d be on the adventure of a lifetime.
- When I count my blessings, I count you twice.
- My perfect day is whenever I’m with you.
- The Kanye to my Kim. (although they’re getting divorced, so maybe choose your other favorite celeb couple)
- I ship us!
- I can’t help falling in love with you.
- My partner in crime!
- My favorite place in the world is inside your arms.
- Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.
- You make me smile!
- How did I get so lucky?
- All of a sudden, all the love songs were about you.
Instagram Captions for Birthdays
- It’s my party, and I’ll cry if I want to!
- Dear (name) , let’s make this a great year.
- Ready to see what has in store for me this year!
- Another trip around the sun, and I couldn’t be more grateful!
- “Today is the oldest you have been and the youngest you’ll ever be again.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Not aging, just upgrading!
- Every day I sparkle, but today I rule!
- Another year older, wiser, happier
- Today’s a day for extra sprinkles!
- Blessed with the start of another year
- Some girls are just born with glitter in their veins.
- Queens are born in .
- Age is just a number!
- It is my birthday.
- Today’s my birthday…it’s kind of a big deal!
- A little bit older, a lot more fabulous
- Birthday cake calories don’t count!
- I’m accepting birthday dinners all month long!
- I’m not getting older, I’m aging to perfection.
- Birthdays are good for you! Statistics show that people who have the most live the longest!
- Happy birthday to me!
- Gonna party like it’s my birthday! Oh that’s right— it is!
- Go shawty, it’s my birthday.
- Dancing queen, young and sweet, only .
- The party’s just getting started…
- I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling !
- I didn’t get older, I leveled up.
- Today should be a national holiday.
- Today’s my birthday, but don’t worry, I’m accepting gifts all year long.
- Where’s my crown? It’s the start of my birthday month!
Instagram Captions For Specific Holidays
Holidays are also important for your Instagram content strategy, so creating different captions for each of the major holidays is a good idea. Here are some ideas for popular holidays so you can up your captioning game!
You can post them as the holiday is approaching and also on the day of the holiday to maximize your holiday content.
Instagram Captions for Halloween
- Everything’s better with a little candy and a little magic. What’s your favorite Halloween treat?
- Double, double toil and trouble, fire burn and cauldron bubble.
- You’ve got me under your spell.
- Brooms are for amateurs.
- I put a spell on you.
- If you’ve got it, haunt it!
- Tis the season to be spooky!
- Don’t make me flip my witch switch.
- There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight.
- BOO ya
- I’m a haunt mess
- Trick or treat, be so sweet!
- By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes
- Oh my gourd
- Broom parking only
- Sticky Fingers, Tired Feet, One last house – trick or treat!
- Everyone loves a black cat on Halloween
- Let’s get Halloweird
- Creepin’ it real.
- Just a bunch of hocus pocus.
- Ghouls just want to have fun.
- No tricks, just treats.
- Trick or treat yourself!
- If the broom fits, fly it!
- Basic witches.
- Cutest pumpkin in the patch!
- Witch, please.
- Eat, drink, and be scary.
Instagram Captions for Christmas
- First, we’ll make snow angels for two hours, and then we’ll eat a whole roll of Toll House cookie dough as fast as we can, and then to finish, we’ll snuggle!
- May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve.
- Santa, just let me explain!
- December 25th — the only day of the year I’m a morning person.
- The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.
- Tis the season!
- The tree isn’t the only thing getting lit this year.
- Am I on your Christmas list?
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas.
- Christmas, perhaps, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas means a little bit more.
- Dear Santa, please refer to my Pinterest boards.
- The elf did it.
- I’m dreaming of a white Christmas… but if the white runs out, I’ll drink the red.
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…
- Meet me under the mistletoe.
- Let it snow!
- Have yourself a merry little Christmas
- Time to lay under the tree to remind my family I’m a gift
- Resting Grinch face
- May your heart be as light as a snowflake
- I just want to drink hot chocolate and watch Christmas movies
- It’s not what’s under the tree that matters, it’s who’s gathered around it.
- I believe in the magic of Christmas
- Tis the season to sparkle!
- Mistletoe kisses and candy cane wishes!
- May your days be merry and bright.
- Jingle bell rockin’ it around the tree.
- All is calm, all is bright.
- All spruced up.
- My favorite color is Christmas lights.
- Christmas in (place you are)
You can also use captions about your weather in hotter states or tropical areas to go against the typical Chritsmas snow!
Instagram captions for Hanukkah
- Wishing you love and light this Hanukkah season.
- May you be blessed with a glow of prosperity and warmth of joy.
- Sending you health and happiness during the Festival of Lights.
- You light up my world.
- Here’s to eight days of light and laughter.
- As your menorah glows with light, may all eight days be warm and bright!
- Happy challah days
- Deck the halls with matzo balls
- May your holidays be as bright as a fully lit menorah
- Keep calm and dreidel on
- Light, laughter and latkes
- Boom shaka latke
- A little more light every night
- Shalom y’all
- Keep calm and eat latkes.
- Eight nights, eight lights.
- I love you a latke.
- Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel.
- Happy Hanukkah from our home to yours.
- Love, peace, joy.
Instagram Captions for 4th of July
- Sweet land of liberty. United States!
- Unapologetically American. Happy 4th of July!
- Land that I love, without a doubt.
- Bold stripes, bright stars, brave hearts.
- Faith. Family. Freedom.
- Sparkler kisses and 4th of July wishes!
- America, you’re beautiful
- “With freedom comes responsibility.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- Little Miss Firecracker
- “Where liberty dwells, there is my country.” – Benjamin Franklin
- Keep calm and let the flag wave on
- Party like it’s 1776
- God shed his grace on thee.
- “Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.” – John Adams
- Red white and boom
- Stars and stripes y’all
- My country tis of thee
- “America means opportunity, freedom, power.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- All gave some, some gave all. Grateful for all those who have fought for our freedom and those who are still fighting. Thank you!
- Baby you’re a firework!
- God bless America!
- Red, white, blue, and my boo. (for couples pics)
- Let freedom ring!
- Land of the free because of the brave.
- Proud to be an American.
- Keep calm and sparkle on!
- Raise a glass to freedom — something they can never take away.
- Liberty and justice for all.
- My heart beats red, white, and blue.
- Can’t hear you over all this FREEDOM!
- Grateful to be from the good old US of A.
Instagram Captions for New Year’s Eve and Day
- The best is yet to come.
- Out with the old, in with the new.
- Now taking applications for my New Year’s kiss.
- (year), let’s do this.
- Conserve water — drink champagne instead.
- You know you’re getting old when you don’t want to stay up until midnight.
- Time to go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
- Page one of 365.
- A little progress each day means big results
- Dear (year) , I know we just met, but we’re going to do great things!
- New year. New me. Same dreams. Fresh starts.
- I’m done wishing and hoping. I’m making things happen this year.
- Pop the bubbly! We’re celebrating all night long!
- 12 new chapters. 365 new chances.
- This is my year to sparkle.
- (word): my word of the year. It’s going to be big.
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
- Every day can be the best day of the year.
- I’m resolving to make better bad decisions.
- What are you bringing to the new year?
- is the year to do everything you didn’t in
- Thank you, next — me to (year).
- New year, new me.
- Cheers to a new year!
- 365 new chances.
- Life is short — wear the sparkly dress.
- Going into like…
- A little party never killed nobody.
- Let the good times roll!
- Bring on the bubbly!
Instagram Captions for Thanksgiving
- There’s always something to be thankful for. Like pie.
- May your turkey be moist and may no one use that word to describe it.
- Turkey time!
- Thankful. Grateful. Blessed.
- One bite closer to Christmas.
- Feeling thankful for family, food, and Shawn Mendes
- Pies before guys.
- Gratitude helps us see what’s there instead of what isn’t.
- May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off your thighs!
- Don’t let the turkeys get you down!
- Eat, drink and wear stretchy pants!
- I’m thankful to have a family that takes eating as seriously as I do!
- “People who love to eat are always the best people.” – Julia Child
- Stop drop and pass the rolls
- May none of your real feelings slip out at Thanksgiving dinner.
- Be kind. Be thoughtful. Be genuine. But most of all, be grateful.
- Turkey, football, nap, repeat!
- Autumn skies and pumpkin pies
- I’m just here for the pie
- Basted. Tasted. Waisted.
- Leftovers are for quitters. Eat it all!
- Time to break out my stretchy pants.
- May your hearts be as full as your plates.
- I feel as stuffed as this turkey.
- Giving thanks!
- Gobble til you wobble.
- Thanksgiving is a verb.
- All about that baste.
- Today’s sports — eating pie and avoiding politics.
- Food tastes better when you eat it with your family.
Instagram Captions for Valentine’s Day
- Spending Valentine’s Day with my soulmate — food.
- I enjoy long, romantic walks to the fridge.
- I’ve been single for a while now and it’s working out well. Honestly, I think I’m the one!
- Happy singles awareness day.
- Just waiting on the discounted chocolate…
- Love makes every day sparkle.
- Turns out I like you more than I originally planned.
- “Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.” – Paulo Coelho
- Let all that you do be done in love.
- Skip the flowers, double up on the chocolate.
- I love you from my head to-ma-toes!
- You’re totally my jam
- I hate you less than other people
- I’m glad our weirdness made us such great friends.
- The best things in life are felt with the heart
- Friend love is the best kind of love
- I love you even when we argue over nothing
- Single. Taken. Who cares? I’m amazing!
- “Money can’t buy love, except on Valentine’s Day.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- Is your name Wifi? Cuz I feel a connection.
- Valentine’s plans: Make dinner for two. Eat both.
- All of me loves all of you.
- Long live the magic we made.
- I’m in love with my best friend.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to me.
- It’s a love story, baby just say yes.
- Here’s to my one true love: pizza.
- I love you to the moon and back.
- You knock my socks off.
- All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt either.
Instagram Captions By Seasons
Alternatively, you could create your Instagram captions according to the season. This is especially great because you can include these types of posts in any content strategy. We’ll break them down by season so you can get some inspiration!
Instagram Captions for Spring
- Stop and smell the roses.
- Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love.
- Business is blooming!
- Here comes the sun, and I say, it’s all right.
- And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.
- I’m finally coming out of hibernation.
- I’m sorry for the things I said when it was winter.
- You can’t have a rainbow without a little rain.
- Life is short, buy the flowers.
- The earth laughs in flowers.
- Spring, do your thing!
- Bloom, baby, bloom.
- Spring: a lovely reminder of how beautiful change can truly be.
- Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking.
- Bloom with grace wherever life plants you.
- Let your joy burst forth like flowers in the spring.
- Spring has sprung!
- Sunshine is the best medicine.
- Ready for flip-flops, green grass, and birdsong!
- I was made for sunny days.
- If only the first day of spring was really the last day of winter.
- There’s a spring in my step.
- April showers bring May flowers.
- Allergy season has begun…
- I’m not ready for daylight savings time, but I’m ready for more sunshine!
- Has anyone done their spring cleaning yet?
- What’s your favorite recipe for spring?
- I’m ready to see some flowers!
- I love the smell of spring.
- Better get my umbrella handy— spring is here!
Instagram Captions for Summer
- Forever chasing the sun.
- Good times and tan lines.
- In a past life, I was a mermaid.
- Sandy toes and a sunkissed nose.
- The ocean calls and I must go.
- My happy place.
- Sunshine on my mind.
- Happiest when I can see the ocean.
- This is my resting beach face.
- Girls just wanna have sun.
- Nothing but blue skies
- Stay wild, ocean child
- Mermaids don’t lose sleep over the opinions of shrimp
- Vacation calories don’t count!
- Laughs, bonfires & lots of adventures!
- The ocean’s roar is music to my soul!
- Wake me up when it’s summer
- Salt in the air and the sand in my hair
- Life’s a beach, find your wave!
- Tropic like it’s hot.
- When you can’t find the sunshine, be the sunshine.
- Summer lovin’, happened so fast.
- Good vibes on the tides.
- Sunrise, sunburn, sunset, repeat.
- Here comes the sun.
- Ice cream is cheaper than therapy.
- Sunny state of mind.
- Sea, sun, and smiles!
- Happiness comes in waves. That’s why I’m at the beach!
Instagram Captions for Fall
- Beanie baby! Who else loved those?
- Maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s pumpkin spice. It’s probably pumpkin spice.
- New season, who dis?
- “And all of summer collapsed into fall.” – Oscar Wilde
- Autumn came, with wind & gold.
- A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summer’s wave goodbye!
- Hoodies. Hot cocoa. Boots. Jeans. Cuddling. Crisp air. Flushed cheeks. I live for Autumn.
- Sweater weather is the best weather.
- But I think I love the fall most of all.
- Leaves are falling, autumn is calling.
- To everything there is a season.
- It’s that time of year where other girls look cute in their flannels, and I look like I’ve misplaced my axe.
- Thanks to fall, my muffin top is now a pumpkin roll.
- Autumn: Misty Mornings and Cozy Nights
- Pumpkin kisses & harvest wishes
- Autumn dresses up in gold, the richest season of the soul.
- Sweater weather and pumpkin spice everything.
- Autumn, the year’s last and loveliest smile.
- Pumpkin spice up your life!
- If the year was tucked inside a clock, autumn would be the magic hour.
- Give them pumpkin to talk about.
- Pumpkin spice and everything nice.
- Happy fall y’all!
- I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.
- RIP to all the money I’ve spent on PSL’s this fall.
- Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.
- Fall isn’t just a season, it’s a lifestyle.
- My favorite color is October.
- I’ve never met a pumpkin I didn’t like.
- You’re the pick of the patch.
Instagram Captions for Winter
- We’re one day closer to summer.
- The light of winter is the poetry of patience.
- Winter kisses, snowflake wishes
- “January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow.” – Sara Coleridge
- A snowflake is winter’s butterfly
- Baby, it’s cold outside.
- Some people are worth melting for.
- Let it snow…somewhere else!
- My favorite thing about winter? When it’s over.
- “The very fact of snow is such an amazement.” – Roger Ebert
- Tis the season to be freezin’
- Winter gives me something to wine about
- Hello winter, time to get cozy!
- Sweaters. Hot Chocolate. Cozy Fires.
- Winter means hibernation.
- This snow doesn’t match my outfit
- Some people are worth melting for
- (activity): My favorite winter activity! What’s yours?
- It’s cold, let’s cuddle.
- Snow much fun!
- The snuggle is real.
- Chilling out.
- We go together like winter and a sweater.
- Ice, ice, baby.
- The cold never bothered me anyway.
- I’m freezing!
- Winter is my favorite season! What’s yours?
- Winter’s here? It’s Christmas!
- Don’t forget your snow boots!
- Nothing like a walk in the snow.
Final Thoughts: Good Instagram Captions
So, there you have it! We hope that after reading, you have a clear idea of how to create compelling and engaging Instagram captions with some good starting points.
Don’t forget to show your brand personality, add context, inspire, tell your brand’s back story, educate, use CTAs, include emojis, be relatable, and spotlight relevant people in your captions!
If you do these things, you’ll be sure to have something that delivers results for your Instagram growth.
What is your favorite technique for writing Instagram captions? Let us know in the comments!