Instagram is lacking a bit in the customer support department. With more than one billion people using Instagram every month at this point, you would think that Instagram would have a pretty good customer support team, right? Unfortunately, this isn’t the case.
In fact, it’s notoriously difficult to contact Instagram’s help center directly when you need to. In fact, there’s not even an email address. If you do try to use their outdated email, you will get a response like this:
This means that there’s no such thing as an email address for Instagram, never mind a phone number. However, don’t worry – Instagram does have a help center that can assist you with most issues.
Let’s take a look at all the ways that you can get in touch with Instagram, should you need to.
6 Ways to Get in Touch with Instagram
1. Go to the Instagram Help Center
Depending on your issue, you might not even have to talk to Instagram directly. Before you start the complicated process of trying to get in touch with someone, have a look at the Help Center. If you’ve got a basic issue, there’s a good chance that you will find the solution here.
So, how can the Help Center help you?
- Using Instagram: if you are having issues signing in, creating a profile, updating your account, control who sees your profile, editing videos and images, or sharing them, then select this option.
- Managing Your Account: If you are having issues managing the privacy of your posts, turning your comments off or on, disabling your profile, saving images to your phone, switching between profiles and so on, then select this option.
- Troubleshooting and Login Help: If for someone reason you can’t log into your profile, select this option.
- Privacy and Service Center: If you are using Instagram for the first time, and you need to have a look through their community guidelines, then this is the right option for you. This is also helpful if you are trying to secure the privacy of your profile a bit more.
- Instagram for Business: if you are using Instagram for business, then you will find most of the answers here.
2. Go to Facebook Help Center
This is where things get a little bit complicated. You will need to look for your query in the search bar.
Choose a few keywords to use in your search query. If you can’t find your answer, you will need to get a little bit more specific with your keywords.
3. Make the Most of the Facebook Community Forum
Now, if you need to, you can involve the Instagram and Facebook community so that you can learn from other people’s experiences. There isn’t technically a dedicated Instagram forum, but if you are using Instagram for business, this particular forum is going to be really helpful. You can search from the existing questions:
Or, you can ask your own question and wait for people to respond. Here’s how to ask a question:
- Select your profile picture.
- Select ‘questions’. You will see this option at the top of your screen, on the left-hand side. Click this.
- Enter your question. Be as detailed as you can be to avoid having to go back and forth with community members a lot. You can also select the FAQ section and look at the common questions that have been posted there.
4. Use Social Media
If you still can’t find an answer, you can always get in touch through the official Facebook page. Just message them directly. You can also write a review on the page.
You will see on this page that there are a lot of people frustrated at the complete lack of customer support. However, this is still a great place to get answers to your issues. You can also try tweeting them on the official Twitter page. Make sure to tag Instagram in your tweet. We suggest that you direct message them on Twitter as well.
Finally, you can try and send them a direct message through their official Instagram profile.
5. Contact Them Through the App
There is also the option to contact customer service directly through the app. You can either use this option to report a technical issue or give feedback. Select the ‘options’ icon on your profile, and then select ‘report a problem’ that you will see in the menu.
6. Don’t Have an Instagram Profile and Still Want to Complain?
You can report spam, abuse or anything else that violates community guidelines through this form.
Other Places to Get Help
There are some other places out there online where you can get answers. They aren’t foolproof, but they might point you in the right direction.
- Ask a Question on Quora: You can either search among existing questions or ask one of your own on Quora. You can also select on the ‘related topics’ option.
- Ask on Reddit: You can either go through existing Reddit questions, or you can search for your query in their search bar.
- Google it: You can also Google your query. There is a good chance that there is someone else out there that is dealing with the same issue.
- Contact Your Advertising Account Manager: This is applicable to people who are paying for Facebook ads only. There is no obvious information about this anywhere, but if you are paying thousands of dollars a month in advertising fees, then it’s most likely going to be a little easier to get in touch with them. Once you have connected with someone, try to stay connected for future reference.
As you can see, there are quite a few options for you to try if you’re attempting to contact Instagram. Make sure to try them all out, so that you can find a solution to your issue. Chances are, it’s out there. Good luck!